Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • GPS Tracking Software for Mobiles
  • brakes
    Free Member

thinking of getting a Nokia N96
    does it come with GPS tracking software so I can tell where I’ve been? alternatively, can I install software and then upload some sort of track log to a computer?
    not really looked into this before

ta

druidh
    Free Member

Nokia Sportstracker is what you need. Free.

Do a search on here for it.

Bez

Even if you don’t intend using the mapping, I’d recommend at least trying ViewRanger. It’s much better than Sportstracker.

brakes
    Free Member

thanks, I’ll check them out

Spongebob
    Free Member

Nokia Sports Tracker is great because it has a facility to easily upload to your routes/workouts to your onlibe account on Nokia’s server. You can log on and recall these, download to the phone etc at will.

Viewranger is not an application that allows routes to be saved or analysed by a web server application. Route planning can only be done on the phone itself, but it’s a good app. that gives good detail. With Viewranger map chooser you can get up and running with a tailored map form £20. Bargain!

I think you should go for both applications, but I would hesitate to say which is best. That’s somewhat subjective.

trail_rat
    Free Member

using sports tracker here on an e71 … its pretty good

wouldnt fancy using it if i didnt have unlimited data on my contract mind …

If you want to know where you have been afterwards plotted on google earth … sports tracker

if you want half an idea of where your going while riding view ranger …

Bez

wouldnt fancy using it if i didnt have unlimited data on my contract mind …

It doesn’t upload or download anything unless you turn on the mapping (which is crap) or turn on live update (which is mostly pointless).

Bez

Viewranger is not an application that allows routes to be saved or analysed by a web server application.

Save as GPX, it’s the standard GPS format, away you go. GPSBabel will convert to KML for Google Earth/Maps.

druidh
    Free Member

If anyone is interested, I set up a Singletrack Group on SportsTracker

montylikesbeer

try great trainer

great trainer

I have a N96 and it works amazingly well, and its free

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘GPS Tracking Software for Mobiles’ is closed to new replies.