Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • GPS routes – maximum waypoints?
  • bikebore
    Free Member

I've just invested in the Anquet UK mapping for my garmin venture cx.

Having fun trying to transfer a known local route to it as a test. I keep getting a message that the maximum number of waypoints has been exceeded.

The route I'm trying to download has 32 waypoints. According to a spec I found on the web my gps should be able to cope with a maximum of 50 waypoints.

Has anyone else encountered this type of issue, and if so any suggestions on roughly how many waypoints a device can be expected to cope with? 32 waypoints doesn't seem unreasonable, it's only a 45k route.

Cheers…….

druidh
    Free Member

Are you sure there only 32 waypoints in the Anquet route? I find that I easily exceed that number.
    Are there other routes already in the Venture?

As an aside – I find that I exceed the waypoint limit quite frequently on my Geko, so use the "Save as Tracklog" option in Anquet

boblo
    Free Member

That must be a very old Venture to be limited to 50 waypoints. My Etrex H has 100 per route and (IIRC), the recent Legend etc has up to 250.

I agree with Monsieur l'Ognion, either you have more than 32 or your waypoint memory is full. I find with the Etrex, even if I delete a route, it doesn't auto delete the waypoints associated with the route.

druidh
    Free Member

Venture CX should be 500 waypoints max, but only 50 per route???

bikebore
    Free Member

Ah, problem is the thick tw*t driving the keyboard. Under GPS -> Configure in Anquet, it appears to auto set the limits for your GPS once you've detected it.

Had set mine up with a maximum of 500 waypoints, but only 30 per route….. D'oh…

Thanks for the advice fellas, 'Save As Tracklog' looks like a top tip 😀

druidh
    Free Member

Any other Anquet issues, just let me know. I've been using it for a looooong time

Edit: just had a look and it's at least 8 years

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘GPS routes – maximum waypoints?’ is closed to new replies.