Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Gps reporting app
  • Madfly
    Free Member

Is there an app out there that can report your position to another iphone user that anyone uses? I want Miss Madfly to be able to locate me when i’m out on my own just incase.

Might mean she can find which tree / ditch / pub i’m currently residing in and reduce her worrying.

Thanks!

andrewy

Viewranger has something called buddy beacon which does this. I use it for the same reasons.

kcal

Endomondo? not quite what you’re after but would give a reasonable approximation of location.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Google latitude?

Madfly
    Free Member

Thanks chaps!

Viewranger looks like the ticket, but i’ll look at the other two also.

GrahamS

Find My iPhone is the Apple supplied one and doesn’t require you to have anything special running at your end.

It also lets you send messages to the phone, set of a beep (even when on silent) and wipe it if it gets lost.

nickjb
    Free Member

Anothe Viewranger/buddy beacon user here. Happy with it. Also use it to track her when she’s flying

captaincarlos

See also Glympse – allows you to send a message with a unique link for a journey that people can watch with an app or on the web.

Also useful for other journeys – they can see how you’re progressing so you don’t have to keep updating by text or phone when you’re snarled in traffic. Though they can see if you’ve stopped off at the bike shop for some retail therapy on the way home…

Carl

hunta

+1 for Google Latitude – no new install required (and therefore totally free).

I use it to encourage Mrs to set off for home when she’s working late.

grilla
    Free Member

No No, use Apple’s Find My Friends. The difference between it any anything else is that you don’t need to remember to run anything on your phone, it just happens as part of the operating system. It also only sends your location when they are looking, so doesn’t waste the battery.

GrahamS

No No, use Apple’s Find My Friends.

Or Apple’s free Find My iPhone as I suggested, which is basically the same but also lets you remote lock/wipe a lost/stolen phone from another iOS device or the webpage.

Also useful for getting the phone to make a noise when it’s stuck down the back of the sofa on silent.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Samsung allows you to add Google Maps link to your position via a text now

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Gps reporting app’ is closed to new replies.