Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • gps on your phone
  • chico
    Free Member

anybody use a mobile with gps for route riding. if so got any tips as phone up for renewal soon. http://www.viewranger.com have downloads you can put on your phone. anybody use this?

wildheart
    Free Member

Hi
    I used http://www.sanoodi.com for the first time today on my Blackberry Storm and it works great as a GPS tracker.You can see your route after the ride via their website and it was very accurate.I chose to see my route over a Google Earth style map,great stuff.And its free.

tinribz
    Free Member

Memory map here, can trace routes on to OS25 maps, zoom out then transfer visible portion to mobile device. Shows position path travelled and direction you are heading.

Although I had to use an anologue version today because I dropped and smashed my phone on a ride last Sunday 😡

Looking at some XDA Orbits on the bay at the moment.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Memory map on a tytn2. Put it in a otter box and cable tie to the stem, so it doesnt get fecked, Ive had a reasonablr off and is all surved well . Also take a spare battery. Works really well. lots of routes online to download. I have the full uk maps. Would highly recommended it.

Steve_B

Used nokia sportstracker yesterday for a local ride and today at Glentress – similar to sanoodi I presume as you upload a route rather than follow it and then look at graphs and wonder at how it is possible to maintain such a low speed for most of the day (remembering why I got rid of my bike computer) but it appears to have followed the routes within GT with astonishing accuracy so if you are prepared to buy the viewranger maps it should do the job

One limitation is supposed to be battery life on the phone I got approx 5 hours today without any probs on very basic Nokia tho an all day in the hills could be 8-10hrs

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Another vote for MM on Windows Mobile. Also use RunGPS which gives Garmin like bike computer functions. There is also a program called GPSCyclecomputer which is pretty good and free.

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Lots of great apps for this on the iphone… only problem is battery life goes down to about 1 hr… ;(

not so good for MTB rides

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘gps on your phone’ is closed to new replies.