Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • GPS knowledge, please
  • pgh1892
    Free Member

Im looking for a new GPS solely for navigational purposes, I have settled on a Garmin Dakota 20 as I’ve been able to use my friends to test it out and was happy with it, as it’s a Garmin unit I was wondering if I can log into my Garmin connect account and send saved courses to the Dakota or does this only work for edge units?

Also I have made a course with new bits I’ve never ridden before that I want to ride on Wednesday, won’t have the Dakota in time so now ive got the GPS itch I am going to load the course to my Garmin edge 200 and see how I get on, if it all goes wrong navigation wise it shouldnt be a problem to get back on track as im familiar with the area, just dying to hone my mapping skills, the question is if I follow a route/course on the edge how do I also record my ride? Not logging a ride is the stuff of nightmares for me

Cheers

scotroutes

Yes.

If it’s anything like my 305 or 705, you just need to press “Start” at the start of your ride and “Stop” at the and.

pgh1892
    Free Member

Thanks Scotroutes, the first question was the more important, I’ll order the Dakota today and I’ll test the edge tonight before I try a route

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘GPS knowledge, please’ is closed to new replies.