Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • GPS iphone app for biking?
  • spikyjames
    Free Member

Any recommendations?

James

hexhamstu
    Free Member

runkeeper

winterfold
    Free Member

tried a few – quite like everytrail

there is a free version, and one which costs £2-3.

The paid version lets you download other people’s trail onto your map which is handy for finding ‘secret’ singletracks.

But I mostly ride Surrey Hills and for that area it has all the well known trails and quite a few others marked on one of the maps (terrain?) because it uses that wiki open source bike map thing – that I cant remember the hame of.

EDIT one thing I would add is that the assisted GPS on the iphone is nowhere near as accurate as on a Garmin. I still use my Garmin for proper tracking but everytrail is good for finding your way round.

So say you’d never been to Whiteways on the S Downs you could download this map http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=948604 onto your iphone and then you would be able to find the Denture trail pretty easily.

cnud
    Free Member

+1 Everytrail also use Endomondo which is quite good in it’s latest form

Drac

Cyclemeter.

will
    Free Member

Cyclemeter.

greasystain
    Free Member

+1 for Everytrail

They use Cloudmade maps.

warton
    Free Member

cyclemeter, now you can import GPX files too

clubber
    Free Member

Everytrail Pro for me – it does what the others do very well but it also allows you to download maps to the phone so you’re not reliant on a signal (or expensive roaming charges when abroad) and has a proper site for uploading the captured routes and pictures too rather than just facebook or twitter like several seem to use.

An example from my hol in Greece:

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=830851

Drac

If you want one with maps and export more complex details then viewranger is excellent uses OS maps that you can download. You buy them as tiles for the area of you choice the tiles are pretty cheap too.

spikyjames
    Free Member

Thanks guys, very much appreciated, I’ll give them a try and see how I get on.

James

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘GPS iphone app for biking?’ is closed to new replies.