Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • GP4000s worth the extra over grand prix.
  • bigsurfer
    Free Member

I have run gp4000s in the past but seemed to suffer with cuts and punctures. I love the grip and ride but was hoping for something close in grip and ride but with a bit more puncture protection. Grand prix seems to fit the bill. I do have a fully guarded horrible weather bike with Gator skins. £20 for Grand Prix versus £30 for GP4000 is appealing.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

In a nutshell, yes.

vincienup
    Free Member

I ran a pair of GP 4 Seasons as commuter/do it all tyres around Sheffield for over a year, riding a mix of roads and NCN stuff in all weathers. I ran straight GP’s the year before. The straight GP’s wore faster and weren’t as good in poor weather but were lighter and faster when it was sunny.

Sheffield Council don’t see the need to sweep roads, so far as I can see, I’ve never seen more broken glass staying in the same place for weeks on end anywhere in the UK.

Within a couple of weeks I had some superficial surface cuts, but the tyres are still perfectly rideable now. The surface cuts have never worsened and they’ve been quite reasonable tyres for not leaving me repairing punctures on a weekly basis – maybe four or five over a year and that includes silly stuff like mistimed hops giving big square impacts on kerbs and blowing tubes out.

I’d have no hesitation suggesting GP 4 seasons as daily riders. I don’t really feel the need to look for an alternative.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘GP4000s worth the extra over grand prix.’ is closed to new replies.