Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • GP responsibilities – further investigations, etc
  • benz
    Free Member

Some medical investigations this year which have involved much testing and some invasive investigation.

Some slightly abnormal blood results at end of one sequence resulted in some more samples and specific tests for something I would not like to consider having.

GP surgery asked me to get the samples. I arranged GP appointment to get results which were thankfully negative – in a positive for me. However due to the nature of the tests I would have expected the GP to contact me if results had gone the other way.

Now, would I be right to assume that if the GP thought any further issues or tests required then they would be pursuing this and letting me know?

I don’t want to develop into a hypochondriac but unsure of the protocol.

project
    Free Member

Dont worry , if there was something not quite right the Gp would be in touch, and youd have an appointment next day, i did, and then had 2 months off work,lots of tests, including barium enemas, and cat scans. problem was i didnt feel ill,oh and after having a camera down my throad , i refused 3 times to have a different camera up my bum.

If you dont trust the one who answers the phone to check your details make an appointment witht he dr, and explain your worries and ask about the results.

allthegear
    Free Member

In theory, yes. However, given my own experience over the last two years of utter NHS chaos, I would always check…

Rachel

benz
    Free Member

You’d like to think systems and protocols are in place to alert Dr of any issues, but this occurring with 100% reliability I doubt.

Good thing in this case is I saw the results with my own eyes whilst sitting with the GP so that was very very positive….lost a significant amount of sleep and great stress waiting for those!

That said I think I will call to make sure nothing more needed. GP was once registrar haematologist at local hospital so hopefully knows her stuff around certain results.

Hope you are both ok, although slightly differing experiences.

project
    Free Member

Most important thing is not to worry, and post up the symptoms on a bike forum, and then worry,if peeps tell you to see a dr and not to worry.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘GP responsibilities – further investigations, etc’ is closed to new replies.