Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • GP checkup
  • Xylene
    Free Member

The missus and I have had a series of blood tests over the last few weeks to check out for any abnormalities that may interact with her haemaglobin E and the baby.

Everything has come back ok and there are no problems.

Yesterday I had a missed call from my GP saying it wasn’t a problem but to give them a ring. On calling they told me that they wanted me to make an appointment for a routine checkup and that there wasn’t any problem.

Seems a bit strange to me. We have just moved surgery and haven’t had a checkup yet, but I was at my doctor’s early last year, so don’t see why.

For some reason I have it in my head that they are lying to me about wanting to see me for a checkup and in fact there is more to it, however she was adamant on the phone that it was nowt to worry about and yet she did seem awfully keen to get me in, and not to wait until half term.
    surely if it was something serious they would have to say that they need to see me urgently.

So STW, what do I do? Go quickly, ignore it and see if they call again, or make an appointment sometime in the future and do my best to remember to go.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Go. If your GP is anything like mine, a none urgent appointment will be in 2 weeks time (half term) anyway.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Go, even if its just to put your mind at rest. If there’s a problem it’ll be sorted quickly, and if its just a check up then there’s nothing lost!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘GP checkup’ is closed to new replies.