Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Governmnet spending cuts next month,
  • project
    Free Member

Seems as if there is a general air of despair anongst the middle classes, go to any supermarket or shop, where are all the customers, the roads are quiet after 18.30, people arent spending money, most of the shops you go into, the staff are either indifferent to you or jump on you, theres some good bargains to be had if you ask.

Everyone seems concerned about whats going to be cut, not can we afford to keep it running, so some jobs will have to go, but so did a lot in British Industry, Steel, Coal, Ship Building, the Car Industry, the Chemicla Industry, all very labour intensive with highly skilled people, most replaced with large shopping centres and the minimum wage,with litle career progression or skill transfer.

Sadly we have the Councils bleating on about how they want repair the roads or look after the elderley (they have a statutory duty in law to do so),just to scare the public to make them think the con- dems are worse than Labour,bit later now, but a lot voted them in.

Your views on the above.

Drac

Your imagining it.

Ed2001
    Free Member

Your views on the above.

Poor grammar and spelling.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Incoherent.

backhander
    Free Member

The supermarkets are still packed. I was chatting to a couple of sainsburys managers who were saying how well their stores were doing.
    It’s far too early to tell if the conlibs are going to be worse than newlab.

grim168
    Free Member

I work in the defence industry at bae and things aren’t looking too good. Eurofighter won’t last us much longer and if the government don’t buy jsf then we are screwed.

Spud

Car dealer I was the other weekend said that their sales aren’t showing too many signs of people holding on to their cash.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

My views on the above = poor quality troll.

phiiiiil

I thought we were all meant to be spending like there’s no tomorrow before the VAT goes up? I’m so confused!

project
    Free Member

Seems as if i read a different set of news on the computer and in the newspapers, along with all the places and cucstomers i go to.

Perhaps its due to not haveing my head so buried in the sand like some unionists.

project
    Free Member

VAT going up, When

El-bent
    Free Member

Perhaps its due to not haveing my head so buried in the sand like some unionists.

Quality. Unlike your first posting.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’ll be ok.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

You’re in liverpool aren’t you?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

project – Member

project – Member

VAT going up, When

Beautiful.

Drac

You didn’t read in the newspapers that VAT is being increased. I pity your customers.

Have you considered tourist season is all but at an end, nights are getting cooler and it’s dark earlier. All these have a big impact on what people do in an evening and reduce passing trade.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Unionists? Like the conservative and unionist party? Or the ulster unionists?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Unionists? Like the conservative and unionist party? Or the ulster unionists?

I think he means the Protestants at the Labour Party Conference.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Had Labour won, they’d be putting vat up to 20% anyway, both Gordon Brown and Alastair Darling acknowledged that they need to raise taxes AND cut spending in order to deal with the budget deficit.

uplink
    Free Member

The car park in Sainburys here was gridlocked on Saturday – we didn’t move for 30 mins
    I’ve only ever seen it like that at Christmas, crazy it was

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Had Labour won, they’d be putting vat up to 20% anyway…

Well they kept quiet about that.

When did they tell you PJM1974 ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The car park in Sainburys here was gridlocked on Saturday – we didn’t move for 30 mins

Mark my words…….this time next year, no one will be doing their weekly shopping.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Labourt would have put tax up indeed – hopefully not on Vat as that is regressive but on income which is progressive. Taht is what they told us anyway

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mark my words…….this time next year, no one will be doing their weekly shopping.

You are Cressers and I claim my £5.

DOOOMED! DOOOOOOOMED!

So, Ernest, why is it that no one will be shopping next year then? Do tell….

project
    Free Member

unionnists like members of a union isntit.

Shortened down to unionists, please try to keep up with us under 50 riders please.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

unionnists like members of a union isntit.

Shortened down to unionists,

So unionists is unionnists shortened down ?

Well that makes perfect sense now.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So, Ernest, why is it that no one will be shopping next year then? Do tell….

Because when the cuts bite, no one will be able to afford supermarket shopping anymore.
    The reason supermarkets are still packed, is proof that everything is just fine right now.

The only reason people will be going to supermarkets in a year’s time, will be to take stuff back.
    The shelves will be crammed with produce, as customers are forced to re-stack them.

It’s going to be grim 😐

IanMunro
    Free Member

Channel 4 at the mo 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

I’m settling in for a long period of unemployment, been 6 months now and gonna get a whole lot worse. Fat lot of good my masters degree did me….

Northwind

Is Project pissed? Or just a tool?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Because when the cuts bite, no one will be able to afford supermarket shopping anymore.

What a steaming pile of bull’s excrement, Ernie. Even by your standards.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

LOL !

crikey
    Free Member

Your views on the above.

You are a 100%, 24 carat, solid gold loon. 😉

MoreCashThanDash

I’m in the civil service.

Numbers in our area have halved in the 5 years I’ve been there as changes in legislation have removed most of our work (though are actually costing HM Treasury more than the old system)

More work is dropping off, so more of our jobs will go. The redundancy terms have been reduced (in my case by 2/3 already) so there is no one left who would voluntarily leave.

And there is no budget in place to pay even the legal minimum redundancy terms.

Going to be an interesting few years.

And – fwiw – having worked in the public and private sectors, there is a lot of scope to cut staff/waste without directly affecting front line delivery of the key services. Just needs the civil service/local government and the unions to stop posturing and prioritise.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And – fwiw – having worked in the public and private sectors, there is a lot of scope to cut staff/waste without directly affecting front line delivery of the key services.

No there isn’t. TJ has said so. TJ has spoken. TJ spake that any cuts would mean we would ALL DIE! DIE I TELL YOU! WE WOULD DIE!

Therefore there is no scope at all for any public sector cuts. Not at all.

project
    Free Member

TJ is currently screaming and crying at the Channel 4 Programe on now.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And I’ve been busy reversing the polarity on my kitchen extractor fan so that it blows air in. When the cuts bite, I won’t be able to afford to waste air.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Speculating on oxygen futures. It’s the capitalist dream.

project
    Free Member

Ernie by revering the polarity of your kitchen fan, you may well cause the blade to fly off, as some are made to run on extract only, clockwise.

LycraLout
    Free Member

please try to keep up with us under 5 riders please.

fixed it

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Governmnet spending cuts next month,’ is closed to new replies.