• This topic has 51 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Government to spend £9 million on EU vote leaflets .
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

Very amusing point made on Sky’s Paper Review programme last night. The Leave campaign should just point out how the 1975 Referendum leaflet talked about the Common Market and the EEC not being a political project 😳

From Harold Wilson and of course no longer true with majority voting

Fact No. 2. No important new policy can be decided in Brussels or anywhere else without the consent of a British Minister answerable to a British Government and British Parliament.

Also this sounds dreadfully familiar

We explain why the Government, after long, hard negotiations, are recommending to the British people that we should remain a member of the European Community.

We do not pretend, and never have pretended, that we got everything we wanted in these negotiations. But we did get big and significant improvements on the previous terms.

The last time we got a direct say the EEC consisted of

UK, France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland, Italy and Denmark – 9 members – not even Spain

binners

Come on Jammers. Its miles better now we’re all one big happy family though….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjtEYt6l2Cs[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

The Leave campaign should just point out how the 1975 Referendum leaflet talked about the Common Market and the EEC not being a political project

Wow so things change over time

Who knew?

chrissyharding
    Free Member

100,000 plus signature petition against this been submitted.

binners

Mad as **** eh?

Jammers are you seriously trying to tell me that now I’m in my mid 40’s, things are a bit different to how they were before I started primary school?

Apart from the EU set up, has anything else changed significantly in the world that I should know about? Hows Elvis? I couldn’t bear it if anything had happened to him.

binners

100,000 plus signature petition against this been submitted.

That’ll sort it! Nothing moves mountains like an internet petition.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’ll sort it! Nothing moves mountains like an internet petition.

Needs a hash tag as well.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Yes, quite right, they should unspend all that money right away and give it to hard working orphans.

chrismac

What Boris and the leave campaign seems to have forgotten is that as Cabinet Ministers they signed off on the Governments official position of remain. So all the government is doing is sending a leaflet about a government policy THEY signed up to.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Indeed they do JY so you’d think we’d be asked what we think more than once in every 40 years or at least when major changes are made

Binners I am seeing Elvis on his Detour – getting rave reviews in the US and I prefer the solo shows.

FWIW I didn’t sign the internet portion – waste of time. I did donate to Leave and FactCheck though

kimbers

Needs a hash tag as well.

such as top trending…

#resigncameron
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/resigncameron?vertical=news

which is a bit silly
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/CurseDavidCameron?src=hash
    was better

DezB
    Free Member

Leaflet? Just handed to me by the postie and it is more like a book. (Ok, a pamphlet.) OTT though.
    Shows how well the internet petitions work.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Government to spend £9 million on EU vote leaflets .’ is closed to new replies.