Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Government apprentice schemes?????? help
  • ton

anyone know anything about a government funded apprentice scheme for small businesses.
    something along the lines of the government pay so much and the employer makes the wage up, but without paying tax.

Junkyard
    Free Member

there is not one as far as I am aware and my knowledge of this is extensive! I once won an award for urban renewal exemplar status with a similiar government funded project but they are phenomenally expensive and the govt just wont sub you to employ someone.
    However you can get some from E2E (Entry to Employment) fro about 6 mths 3 days a week for nothing ansd then either employ them or let them go.
    An apprentice is exempt from the miinum wage until 12 months after turning 18 or for the first 12 mths of employment if older.
    The unofficial (you wont get trainging from a provider without paying at least this) is the National Insurance Threshold (govt level not employer) and this is currently 95.01 p as of april iirc
    Think that is below the tax rate as well but a few years since I had to work this all out

Job Centre also do supported programmes for people who have been unemployed for 6 mths + that pays some wages and for some equipment but cant recal what it is called at the minute
    Possibly some special projects locally linked to deproved wards or target groups (young offenders/long term Dole/Sick/released from prison)
    Surprised I actually knew this Tony?
    E-mail me if you want local contact details about this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Government apprentice schemes?????? help’ is closed to new replies.