Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Gotta sell my T5 campervan – need advice!
  • mcinnes
    Free Member

Knowing the Venn diagram that is mtbers and campervanners, I wondered if anyone had experience of selling a campervan, as that’s what I need to do, and I have some basic questions! 😯

(Background: T5 pop top, in sweet condition, 100k miles, kitchen, sleeps 4, bought £18k, thinking about selling on eBay via auction).

Firstly, is this as bad a time of year to sell as camper as I’m thinking it probably is? Would it be better to wait for a couple of months?

Secondly, did many potential buyers want to test drive? (as I may be out of the country)?

Thirdly, any other hints or tips based on your experience?

Thank you muchly 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

It’s worth nothing in the current economic climate, I’ll give you a tenner to take it off your hands?

mattbee

It will sell now but if you can wait you will be likely to either sell quicker or for more cash.
    Easter is pretty early this year and a good time as people are starting to think about summer camping holidays.
    Would you not want to test drive something of that value before buying it? Expect either seasoned vw people trying to batter price down or dreaming newbies who are swayed more by pretty curtains than service history.
    Sell as classified on eBay rather than auction, a bit more hassle for you but there are loads of dodgy scammy auctions and people tend to be wary.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Pics please?

Seriously – I may be interested!

st

Are you on the T4 forum ? http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/index.php

sparksmcguff

Wait a bit, it’s too early in the year. People will want to inspect the vehicle – weed out the dreamers (by making them aware of the price).

hughjardon
    Free Member

Usual rule of thumb appears to be think of a fair value and triple it 😆

onehundredthidiot

in my experience you will get scammers in auction and day dreames who will win then decide that they…….well i don’t know what they’ll just go to silent running.

you’ll not sell it for as much as others buy them for (sorry), post easter would be best time. Others will have seen them during the holidays from their tent and will be nigh on desperate.

mactheknife

mcinnes, where u based. seriously 🙂

mcinnes
    Free Member

Thank you people, helpful thoughts.

And for those asking, this is her: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrwilleeumm/sets/72157630063262831/

Appreciated.

bones76
    Free Member

Very nice…Am afraid i can only dream!!! good luck with selling though

johnhighfield
    Free Member

Hi mcinnes
    I bought a T5 fully converted pop-top at the start of the Summer and they are certainly sell-able at any time of the year – BUT you will obviously get more from Easter onwards.

Converted pop-tops tend to start at about £17K from my experience and if it is ‘sweet’ as you say; with 100K; possibly has a tailgate; air-con; cruise; captains seats; service history etc etc – it should go for what you paid for it….

The best place to sell it (as has been said) is on the T4Forum – website but I have seen lots on Autotrader and for a fixed price on Ebay.

Good Luck with the sale – If I didn’t have mine I would be round to see it…..

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Mk1 Sportline wheels, these are worth a fair bit of their own, quite desirable.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Gotta sell my T5 campervan – need advice!’ is closed to new replies.