Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)
  • Gotta love Greggs!
  • warton
    Free Member

If the Greggs you shop at doesn’t sell stotties, you are in one of the sham export Greggs set up to fleece Southerners of their cash.

Damn right. I remember I was down south and asked if they had any cheese savory stotties. They looked at me like I was a nutcase…

Rockape63
    Free Member

They looked at me like I was a nutcase…

It was how you said it not what you said! 😉

66deg
    Free Member

Is it true that scottish Greggs make deep fried saussage rolls ?

Binners may need to move further north.

benji
    Free Member

I support my local bakers, it’s abit like supporting your local bike shop, just more cakey.

As for sausage rolls, it’s pink muck piped into a fatty pastry, no thank you.

johndoh
    Free Member

Not Greggs, but was in Asda today. KitKat Chunkies at the checkout – 60p each or three for £1.

Really is no wonder people get suckered into buying more than they need.

TooTall
    Free Member

Has anyone else noticed that the most nutritionally pious seem to be the most miserable buggers?
    I guess bad food can be good for you.

Jamie
    Free Member

As for sausage rolls, it’s pink muck piped into a fatty pastry, no thank you.

…but it’s really tasty with some HP sauce on it.

Although, I should say I have never had a Greggs, but sausage roll is a sausage roll, yo!

bearnecessities

Hmmmmm, pieous.

GregMay
    Free Member

Wandered into the local Greggs on my lunch. The smell of it made me wander out pretty fast. I’ll stick to my burrito* thanks 🙂

*veggie one at that

vonplatz
    Free Member

I’m laughing at all of your pathetic trans fat laden cravings whilst sipping a kale and spinach smoothie. Stick to your class and put your Gregg’s postings on some bloody soccer forum please.

rOcKeTdOg

I was impressed with Dumfries, it had 3 Greggs & you could see one of the others from the doorway of one. & they do bridies in Scottish Greggs, unidentifiable “meat” pie beats steak bake every time

jools182
    Free Member

surfer – Member
    Usual STW middle class sanctimony

wanting to be able to taste what you eat is middle class? 😉

I’m all for cheap eats, I just don’t get greggs, it’s rank

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m laughing at all of your pathetic trans fat laden cravings whilst sipping a kale and spinach smoothie. Stick to your class and put your Gregg’s postings on some bloody soccer forum please.

Waaaaaay too much bait on that hook.

bearnecessities

I’m laughing at all of your pathetic trans fat laden cravings whilst sipping a kale and spinach smoothie

Careful now, too much iron can be fatal. 8)

hooli

Wandered into the local Greggs on my lunch. The smell of it made me wander out pretty fast. I’ll stick to my burrito* thanks

*veggie one at that

The reason I used to go to the Greggs near my last work was because the canteen food looked and smelled that bad that a walk in the wind and rain to the local Greggs was a better option!

That and hangovers.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Careful now, too much iron can be fatal.

Ironically.

bearnecessities

*applauds* 😀

konabunny
    Free Member

very good!

Rockape63
    Free Member

I feel I must confess. I popped into Greggs again yesterday and once again succumbed to the 2 for £1 Belgian Buns. 😳

However I did a 20mile mtb ride in the evening and my riding pal thought I had been taking steroids such was my hill climbing ability.

Perhaps I’ve discovered something?

Tom83

A man does not need to justify his cake or meat purchases to anyone, especially himself.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Have they gone upmarket? I had a look inside a Greggs about a year ago out of curiosity and it all looked like a load of cheap crap to me… 😕

MrNice
    Free Member

Rockape63 – it’s not just Belgian buns that do this. Bakewell pudding is like rocket fuel (it evens comes with a crash shortly after).

AlasdairMc

There’s a Greggs in Newcastle that has a sit-in area. Is this what passes for a romantic date in tha toon?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Just had two morrisons scotch pies. How the hell i got to the end of the first and still decided to proceed with the second is worrying. Muck.

Back to Greggs – Chargrilled chicken Oval bite and a drink £3.50? Who do they think they are fortnum and bleeding masons? £1 Bakery in preston for real value (don’t think too hard about the contents) gluttony for me.

njee20
    Free Member

I’m all for cheap eats, I just don’t get greggs, it’s rank

+1, utterly vile! I just don’t understand the obsession! Subway, West Cornwall Pasty Co, Burger King, various other vendors of sweaty food, but just not Greggs!

binners

Mr Woppit – Member

Have they gone upmarket? I had a look inside a Greggs about a year ago out of curiosity and it all looked like a load of cheap crap to me…

Says more about you than it does about the purveyors of affordable, yet tasty, pastry-encased, slightly over-greasy loveliness, brother Wopster. 😉

Anyway… this thread is useless without pictures. Have you seen my bike?…..

😀

Rockape63
    Free Member

Have you EVER ridden that bike Binners? Mine was only that clean once!

(nice transfer btw!)

binners

It gets ridden all the time. Thats a piccie from when I just built it. It doesn’t look anywhere near that clean now. Still not cleaned it from Mondays night ride 😀

TooTall
    Free Member

Have they gone upmarket? I had a look inside a Greggs about a year ago out of curiosity and it all looked like a load of cheap crap to me…

Nice to see the middle class angst standards are kept up.

I suppose you only eat expensive crap.

gazc
    Free Member

looks like they’re expanding into other ways of presenting their animal derived pink processed shite

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’ve never been into a Greggs. Am I missing out?

Pigface
    Free Member

I like the Chicken slice, havent had one for about a year now. Nearest Greggs is about 14 miles away.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Nearest Greggs is about 14 miles away.

28 miles there and back – you’d burn off most of the calories.

molgrips
    Free Member

I just wish they still did chicken and mushroom pies. It’s all ‘slices’ now.

Cougar

Could one not purchase a number of slices and reconstitute them into a pie?

njee20
    Free Member

Could one not purchase a number of slices and reconstitute them into a pie?

I imagine it would be more a case of re-re-re-constituting it!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

looks like they’re expanding into other ways of presenting their animal derived pink processed shite

😆

hora
    Free Member

Is there anything ‘in’ Greggs food that is bad? I.e. unusually high fat or thats hydro sats? Otherwise I don’t see an issue. A muffin is a muffin its not rocket science and a slice has pastry- thats not rocket science.

Moderation and I think because its ‘cheap’ the inverted-snobs howl with anger.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Moderation and I think because its ‘cheap’ the inverted-snobs howl with anger.

No, they’re standard snobs. An inverted snob would be all, like “Get you, with yer posh pies from Waitrose…Mr la-de-da! You can get just as good from Greggs for cheap!”

slowoldman

I don’t think there is actually much “wrong” with Greggs, it’s just not particularly high quality. I can get a better bacon butter or pizza in several places but it’s convenient and cheap and not inedible.

For those who overdo it, we still have an NHS.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Gotta love Greggs!’ is closed to new replies.