Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)
  • Got the news that i did not want to get………;o(
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ton; when you have spent time in the company of Bullheart, trust me, you will be truly and utterly grateful for what you have.

Enjoy the resources available to you. Don’t dwell on the negative.

I appreciate that’s easy for me to say, and don’t mean it to sound flippant.

jonnyweale
    Free Member

Hate to hear this kind of thing and hope that everything works out OK for you.

I can only agree with everyone who has already said that you need to explain to your cardiologist how much riding means to you – there are other medication options that should have less effect on your capacity to exercise then bisprolol, and it’s worth exploring them with your doctor.

Things you could ask about are digoxin and amiodarone, as well as different beta blockers, such as sotalol.

Warfarin does increase your risk of bleeding after falls but, when it’s stable and in the right INR range, is definitely no reason to confine yourself to towpaths.

Again though, what I would really recommend is talking it through with a doctor who knows your medical history (it’s easy for us to suggest things on the interwebs that might not really be practical) and making sure they know what your goals are. Most people with AF aren’t interested in exercise, and so your cardiologist needs to know that you are.

Good luck!

mogrim

Seen the video of ton doing that sumo thing, tbh if a heart condition stops that kind of event it’s for the best 😉

Only kidding! Hope you and A_A are able to keep riding, and although a motorbike isn’t as much fun as a proper bike, it’s definitely worth looking into… The buzz you get opening up the throttle on any big bike is something that really has to be experienced.

ton

Bullheart, you are a inspiration mate.
    keep on keeping on mate.
    best of luck from our house. 8)

donsimon
    Free Member

The buzz you get opening up the throttle on any big bike

Have you got rid of the SV then? 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘Got the news that i did not want to get………;o(’ is closed to new replies.