Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Got soaked today, need a new jacket….recommendations please!
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

Looking for something not too light weight but fairly breathable and that will keep the wet out, anything you guys would recommend? Ideally not too much more than £50 as i’ll fall off and wreck it anyway ! 🙄

Cheers

Merak

If you dont want to stretch to e-vent or similar.These get good reviews.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

I’ve had a black altura night vision jacket for several years now. It’s been really faithful, had a couple of nikwax overhauls but still looks fine even if it doesn’t smell so (according to the lady)

Speshpaul

Have TK max got any of those montane’s?

dynamite
    Free Member

+1 for the Altura, mines been going for a few years now and is currently drying from a Nikwax treatment before a potentially wet ride on Dartmoor on Saturday. Its tough and has a good size breast pocket plus another one on the arse.

Northwind

I reckon you’re generally better with a gillet than a jacket tbh- there’s not a jacket on the market that doesn’t make me overheat, if the temperature’s above zero. But a gillet keeps the important bits dry, and leaves the arms out keeping me cool. And you don’t need to spend a fortune on breathability, because you’re not sweating like that Ian Watkins.

somafunk

montane photon for £69.99 here as long as you are a small or medium, i bought one earlier in the year when CRC had them down to £70 and within a week of using it i had bought another one, they really are incredibly breathable and very waterproof – fantastic jackets that pack down small.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Got soaked today, need a new jacket….recommendations please!’ is closed to new replies.