Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Got myself a yeti!!
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Just picked up my new ASRc frame…

Always loved a yeti when I was into biking back in the earlie ninties, what with John Tomac on one!

Finally, 25 years later I own one…..It truely is a thing of beauty. I’m not sure whether to build it up or hang it on my living room wall

binners

Build it up, then hang it on your wall. Its a win/win 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

A picture is worth a 1000 words

bubs

Unless it is a picture of a word.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Pics posted as soon as its built up jamba. I’ve given up for the night having fitted everything other than drivetrain and brakes. Cabling may be an issue whilst drinking….:-)

it really is a thing of beauty. Was going to get an all out xc bike, but the yeti was to good an offer to refuse and on reflection much better as a day to day bike to compliment my Trance and Down hill rig. Put on my 100mm sids at the mo, may try it like that but probably going to get myself a new air spring and ride it 120 at the front as thats whats its designed for, and I’m not going to be racing it more than a couple of times a year anyhow.

Anyone got one and what stem you using. The 80 mm off my carbon race bike looks far too long, thinking a 60mm will be a better fit.

Only issue with the bike is that given how great it looks I’m tempted to splash even more cash that I can’t afford on some really bling parts. its begging for a nice 1×11 set up but I’m so unfit I’m sticking with a double for now…and some carbon wheels….As it is I’m thinking it’ll come in sub 25lbs with 2×10 and dropper, not bad at all.

this bike could be a money pit however…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Picture of frame in box, frame unwrapped next to box ? All good for me !

Only issue with the bike is that given how great it looks I’m tempted to splash even more cash

Sounds familiar my BFe was initially supposed to be a winter thrash bike

tpbiker
    Free Member

Here you go Jamba!

Front tyre keeps going flat as needs more gloop and not attached the drivetrain yet….

As mentioned these things are best done sober

Ignore that white cable…its from my old dropper which isn’t getting used anymore. Splashed out on a fox transfer.

Bregante

A picture is worth a 1000 words

Depends who’s taking it I suppose!

jambalaya
    Free Member

As mentioned these things are best done sober

Taking the photo ? Lights on, in focus 🙂

Only jesting, thanks. Instrument (I have visions of you in Tudor garb strumming a lute) ?

tpbiker
    Free Member

Thats my les paul custom Jamba! I’m more rock god than tudor court entertainer…

Actually I’m as rubbish on the guitar as I am on a bike

and photography it would seem!

pinetree
    Free Member

I do love that bike. Really slick, simple and clean looking.
    I’ve seen some people try really hard to make them ugly with silly spec and rainbow coloured parts, but I just can’t get away from how good looking a frame it is.

Good work, OP!

hora
    Free Member

tpbiker could you do my for sale as pics? Your on a par with my photo skills and it’d give me a day off.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Hora…for a forum legend such as yourself it would be a pleasure!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Got myself a yeti!!’ is closed to new replies.