Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Got my winter tyres fitted…
  • suburbanreuben
    Free Member

How many untreated back roads do you deal with, at what time of day, etc, etc. Remember this is me viewing the value through my own experiences, not yours.

Excatly. Most of my regular driving is on backroads that never get gritted. They’re also hilly. A short sharp 50m hill is still enough to stop you in your tracks. There’s plenty of them in Surrey.
    I’ve used winters for the last ten years, ever since we had that first of 5 years on the trot with snow.
    Winter tyres give you the edge; they let you carry on as normal. For the price of a couple of days earnings spread over a few years they’ve been well worth it.

Kryton57

For the price of a couple of days earnings

😯

50 mile journey to Oxfordshire some through the back roads around Marlow, -2 reported on dash RWD and no drama.

Having said that my “go to” winter wheels site has discounted Steels/Dunlop M3’s this mornings *undecided from London*.

pictonroad

You can’t see them in that photo but there are some sipes cut into the tread. They’re US market tyres, no idea if they use the snowflake symbol.

I mainly bought them because they look cool.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/BnhMP3]2015-11-23_10-20-54[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

Been getting my first use out of them today. The grip is incredible in mud after coming from road tyres. Barely even need 4×4

slowoldgit
    Free Member

@ andyl – it’s going to be my fault if I stop normally and the muppet behind skids into my boot.

I remember when disc brakes were new: some cars had oval ‘discs’ stickers, I presume to avoid this.

Edukator
    Free Member

Done.

Kryton57

The grip is incredible in mud

Oh wait, so parking in fields for XC races will be much less nerve wracking?

Ok, I’ve made my mind up.

Oh wait, so parking in fields for XC races will be much less nerve wracking?
    Ok, I’ve made my mind up.

I’ve got some new tyres for my truck. I’m not insisting you should buy some. Calm down 😉

RoterStern
    Free Member

Got my winter tyres put on last Thursday. Turns out it was just in the nick of time. This morning we had several inches of snow on the roads and I had to drive through a fair old snow storm on the way to a cyclocross race yesterday. Would have been ‘interesting’ on summer tyres.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Got my winter tyres fitted…’ is closed to new replies.