Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Got my new hearing aid yesterday advice needed ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Got my new hearing aid yesterday which is for left ear (right ear is perfect) its the NHS behind the ear style, if I turn it up to loud it whistles so i’m guessing turn it down which is still great how do you find the perfect level ?

any tips would be great lady at the hospital didn’t have time to go over everything

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Eh?

(Well someone was gonna do it!)

slackalice
    Free Member

Your hearing must be bad, I thought you were going in for a prostate check?

CountZero

I would guess it’s that point where you can hear fine and there’s no feedback; turn it up until it whistles, then back off half a turn, or whatever the control has.

antimony
    Free Member

Make sure it’s in properly. Is it a traditional mould or the slim tube type?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

pardon

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

slim tube type

nant
    Free Member

Yeah it shouldn’t whistle at top volume. either tube not connected properly, or badly fitted ear mould.

could always wear an ear plug in your good ear temp and adjust your sound on left ear hearing aid to what sounds right for you.

prettygreenparrot

Great!

‘turn it up’? Wasn’t it programmed to correct your hearing curve? Though I guess that depends on the model and your needs.

It shouldn’t give you feedback. That suggests what nant wrote: not positioned correctly, damaged tube, not set correctly.

‘didn’t have time’ sounds unusual. All audiologists I’ve met are eager to make sure that patients leave able to get the most from whatever aids and information they receive. Might be worth making an appointment at the hearing aid clinic to get more info and support.

by the way, have you found that folks find hearing aids more intriguing/unusual than glasses?

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

by the way, have you found that folks find hearing aids more intriguing/unusual than glasses?

As in Fanny Magnet?
    That would explain the whistling…

maccruiskeen

As in Fanny Magnet?

A friend of mine has an exceptional ability to charm ladies, quite inadvertently, despite being a scruffy, lanky, gallumphy, socially awkward, farm boy.

Seemingly, the reason for this, from a woman’s point of view, is ‘when you’re talking to him its like you’re the only person in the room’

Its because he’s deaf in one ear.

njee20
    Free Member

by the way, have you found that folks find hearing aids more intriguing/unusual than glasses

Err, they are more unusual. c50% of the population must wear glasses…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Got my new hearing aid yesterday advice needed ?’ is closed to new replies.