Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 198 total)
  • Got my first Tattoo today. Haters look away!
  • MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Been wanting a tattoo for about 15 years and I finally decided this year what I wanted and today was the first 4 hour session of 2. There’s yellow still to be added to the Koi along with a Peony and other detail around and under my arm. All freehand too.

Bloody hurt don’t they!!

steveoath
    Free Member

Nice work. Who did it?

I love Koi tattoos. Classic.

rOcKeTdOg

What is the significance of the fish? Genuine Q btw not a pre take

nickhart
    Free Member

Looks great. Don’t worry about the haters, they are what they are. I’ve had mine for five months and responses have been pretty good, I’ve also been way more relaxed about it than I thought I might have been so I’ll think about something else to have….maybe…..

theflatboy
    Free Member

“Very beautiful”, according to my wife. 🙂

(I assume she’s talking about the tattoo…)

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

What is the significance of the fish? Genuine Q btw not a pre take

+1

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg, the mythology of the Koi is linked to a big life change that Mrs MM and I have been going through over the last couple of years where we have had to show a lot of courage and strength of character.

Maybe I have searched for a reason but it fits well and I love japanese tattoos, especially Koi’s.

redsox
    Free Member

I like the meaning behind the koi fish tattoo……been meaning to get one done for a long time

There was an old fable that stated a koi fish could try to climb up the falls at a specific point on the Yellow River to become a dragon. The koi symbolizes a person’s ability to aspire to be a better, more advanced part of the universe.

The Koi fish tattoo is an ideal tattoo for someone who wants to express their levels of strength and perseverance through the trials and tribulations of life. If you are a courageous person that has high expectations for your life and high goals for success and happiness, the koi fish is the symbol of everything for which you stand.

More here: http://www.searchbodyart.com/the-meanings-and-traditions-of-koi-fish-tattoos-in-modern-body-art/

bedmaker

OK I’ll be the first to say it….. that looks carp 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

That fish looks a bit shy & evasive.

trail_rat
    Free Member

can i ask why you have a yellow arm pit ? 😀

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

can i ask why you have a yellow arm pit ?

Bruising.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I am thinking of getting one like this

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Jealous!! 😀

fadda

I don’t normally like the picture ones, but I like that, OP. I never knew the significance of the Koi before, and I like that, too!

jekkyl

Looks a bit fishy to me, otherwise nice one mullett dude.

Wookster

Really cool mate!!

zippykona

Beard needs a trim etc

chewkw
    Free Member

How much does that cost?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Like . . . +1 for the significance too.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Nice ink Mr…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

chewkw – Member
    How much does that cost?

I’m guessing around the £70/hr..

thomthumb
    Free Member

love Japanese tattoos and that’s top notch.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Nice – have half an idea for getting mine one of these days, but I need to develop the design (or have someone do it for me) and find a decent tattooist first!

I know a lass in Glasgow who is rather good, so may have to get intouch one of these days….

schrickvr6
    Free Member

If you’re in Glasgow Custom Inc are excellent, obviously style depending.

kimbers

nice!

loddrik
    Free Member

Looks bloody awful, but then I can’t stand tatoos of any sort. But if it makes you happy that’s all that counts.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Looks good. Recently had my second done around my wrist and bloody hell it hurt more than my arm. Had to have it reworked due to first place being crap. Turns out going over a tattoo for a second time hurts even more!

rOcKeTdOg

Cheers for the fish info v interesting

Coyote
    Free Member

Very nice!

warton
    Free Member

Not my favourite style of tattoo, but it looks like a very good job, nice one!

hora
    Free Member

I love Japanese Kimono-style tats.

atlaz
    Free Member

Surely you’d be better off with those fish… grey mullet!

IGMC

mrmoofo

What is you tie to Japan? Heritage / lived there / fascinated by the culture?

Or are they the 20 Tens version of the celtic tatt?

I wonder if there are a load of Japanese walking aound with tattoos of English landscapes by Turner and such like.

Apparently there is a craze in China for tattoos in English – so time for tattooists to get there own back by tattooing “fish, Chips and Mushy Peas”

Coyote
    Free Member

A considered, thoughtful and surprisingly insightful response. Well done you!

wwaswas

“fish, Chips and Mushy Peas”

or maybe

“Bream me up Scotty!”

I don’t often like tattoo’s but the OP’s gets a thumbs up 🙂

easygirl

My mate has several tattoos , and often bores me to death with the ‘story’ behind them.
    For gods sake if you want a tat , just get it done and stop boring folk

Cougar

Not to my tastes personally, but there’s some quality workmanship there. Where did you get it done?

djglover
    Free Member

easygirl +1 tatoos are basically a conversation starter for people who like to talk about themselves, this thread is a case in point.

shermer75
    Free Member

Some fine work there, you must be very proud!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 198 total)

The topic ‘Got my first Tattoo today. Haters look away!’ is closed to new replies.