Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Got moles in the garden… what to do?
  • dyna-ti

Well, thats Wind in the Willows ruined for me. 😥

You should be ashamed of yourself.

spchantler
    Free Member

leave the poor buggers alone? its spring, they’re building houses to attract lady moles, let them have their moley fun

chilled76
    Free Member

What to do…

Give them names and tell everyone you’ve got a couple of pet moles.

Please don’t kill them though, they’ve got as much right to live on that piece of land as you do. Land registry or not.

large418
    Free Member

A neighbour puts sticks in the molehill with an upside down bottle on the top – seems to work as any moles come into our garden and not theirs.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Moles on your own lawn? You lucky bugger! The earth makes great groundbait mix for angling.

I have to walk cycle at least 200 yards to get fresh mole hill soil!

rockhopperbike

nah, they are vermin. had them for years on and off, i’m not fussed about a cricket pitch grade of lawn, more that I cannot plant anymore fruit trees/ and other plants as the little buggers dig through the roots and kill em- not funny when you are spending good money only to see them die soon after planting. Also, bl00dy dangerous always going over on your ankle as you slip on another tunnel. You wouldnt believe the number of still born lambs linked to moles rotting straw bales. but yea leave em alone 👿

rogerthecat
    Free Member

You wouldnt believe the number of still born lambs linked to moles rotting straw bales

Curious, never heard that one – can you expand on that point?

scraprider
    Free Member

strange people killing small animalls just cos they are burrowing around , leave them alone poor buggers.

Pigface
    Free Member

number of still born lambs linked to moles rotting straw bales

WTF

garage-dweller

Surely if you know of any moles in these tense times of global uncertainty you should be calling in MI5 (or is it 6) to deal with it.

grantway
    Free Member

Get some hand grenades

rockhopperbike

big old field, say 25 acres, farmer palmer rolls up with his combine, which takes hay as well as anything else at ground level [molehills] this nice fresh soil contains a naturally occurring Bacteria – Listeria monocytogenes/ ivanovii [listeria] which when ingested by mummy sheep can cause stillborn or aborted lambs- not a high percentage compared to toxoplasmosis [cat poo disease] but controllable no the less.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

One of my favorite ever bits of radio was actually (forgive me) on the Jeremy Vine show. The subject was mole removal. Mr Vine was interviewing to Welshmen both called Gwyn who swore by beating the ground with aluminium shovels. Something about the vibrations scare the moles away or make them surface. The moment when his team lose it as Vine repeatedly yells ‘Gwyn!’ at the two ground whacking loons live on lunchtime radio was priceless.
    I didn’t hear of a follow up story but either way, it could be s fun afternoon

large418
    Free Member

rockhopperbike – you seem to have a disturbed sense of reality. Mummy sheep giving birth the stillborn lambs because a combine collected a bit of a molehill in the hay bale – stark raving. Combines generally collected from 100-150mm above ground level- molehills are generally less than this. Sheep can withstand a bit of earth eating – they are quite hardy things you know.

Why do some people want to kill anything they don’t like? Typical behaviour of a real coward.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Got moles in the garden… what to do?’ is closed to new replies.