Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Got flu, but this book has seen me through.
  • tang
    Free Member

‘French revolutions’ Cycling the TdF by Tim Moore
    Sure loads of you have read it but those who have not I thoroughly recommend it. Genuinely very funny.

t_i_m
    Free Member

Good book.
    Avoid his follow up Frost on My Moustache. Painful.

big_scot_nanny

Cool, thanks for that, was looking for an interesting new author, looks good. Bought!

Kev

keaboing
    Free Member

t_i_m – Member

Good book.
    Avoid his follow up Frost on My Moustache. Painful.

Frost on My Moustache was his first book I think. It had its moments but was slow to get going. French Revolutions was his Third. Follow up was Spanish Steps (again, slow to start, but very funny.)

Sorry to be a pedant but I’m a fat old nerd!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

French Revolutions is indeed a good read!

In the spirt of “If you liked that, you’ll like this”;
    Do not pass go – Also by Moore, about London/Monopoly
    Penguins Stopped Play by Harry Thompson. Brilliant. Lovely, moving, funny and brilliant!
    Outposts by Simon Winchester. Not a “funny” travel book, but fascinating. As is his book on Krakatoa.

tang
    Free Member

got ‘outposts’ in my book pile as it happens. when im ill i like travel, cycling and strangely, mountain climbing books. any recommendations chaps?

Diane
    Free Member

Great book! 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

If you had actual flu you probably wouldn’t be reading books 😛

What climbing books have you read? Joe Simpson has a few good uns. I enjoyed Into Thin Air by John Krakauer, though his account is strongly disputed by some of the other people on the mountain at the time.

tang
    Free Member

alright so not full blown flu, but ive had a temp, smashing headache, cold and feel like ive been run over, flu enough in my book. reading between sleeps helps. feeling a bit better now, thanks for asking.
    read ‘into thin air’, on ‘sacred summits’ by chris boardman now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Got flu, but this book has seen me through.’ is closed to new replies.