Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Got flashed by traffic light camera while on way to hospital
  • SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

I’m gullible for reading peoples stories on the internet, rather than believe Gary M, fortune teller?

LOL – My time will come! Am I gullible if I believe you, or is that rubbish?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Gary_M: Why do I get the impression you want to cause trouble? I’m not going to bother getting into this with you. Sorry to disappoint.

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

fontmoss

Yes – on this internet. Guess only threads you’re involved in could possibly contain anything worth reading – or might possibly be true. How typical of someone like yourself.

Gary_M
    Free Member

If you want everyone to agree with you sharkbait you should have said, perhaps if you didn’t want people to tell you how they see it then you shouldn’t have posted this thread. I don’t want to cause trouble with you, you jumped a red light and your ‘excuse’ doesn’t make sense. A bit like SteveTheBarbarian post above.

I really don’t think you should ever think of taking this to court, you don’t seem very pleased when people disagree with you.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Guess only threads you’re involved in could possibly contain anything worth reading – or might possibly be true.

who said this thread was worth reading or was true?

How typical of someone like yourself.

i didn’t realise we’d met, how rude of me

catnash
    Free Member

As a nurse one of the jobs I have to do is gauge how long someone has left on this earth, we have to ask relatives to come in, we always wonder how safe they drive especially expecting the worse.

On a lighter not that sketch in Gavin & Stacey with the police motorcyclist cracks me up

matthew_h
    Free Member

The irony of Steve’s “it was on the internet” response is that further up the thread I explained that I had similarly ignored the letters and actually ended up being tried in absence and fined heavily.

I explanined that on the internet too and it goes completely against what he claims but he chose not to listen to my actual real life experience.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Interestingly I’ve had more than one ambulance driver “challenge” me to keep up while transferring family between hospitals, suggesting I should stay close so traffic can see us coming. With hindsight this would seem bad advice but I was thankful for it at the time.

shoefiti
    Free Member

I love the car ones. THey fall apart so quickly. Lots of people swinging off on tangents then suddenly it’s all name calling. Brilliant, this is a classic even by STW standards.

I know it’s just fantastic – i personally wasn’t expecting the diagrams and statistics – they are the cherry on the cake!

Can’t you sort it with a few pints at the pub then a trip to a go-kart track!

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Hardly a detailed account of what happened, what you ignored etc mathew_h, unlike other accounts I’ve read.

So far, I’ve been sent(since September), a letter asking details of driver, and 2 copys of that letter.

Believe the BBC on the internet?:

Two drivers caught speeding on a police camera have escaped conviction after claiming protection under European human rights law.
    A judge in Birmingham ruled that police could not ask the drivers exactly who was behind the steering wheel when the car was filmed.

He said that would be asking them to incriminate themselves – in breach of the European Convention on Human Rights, which is due to become law in England and Wales later this year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/834532.stm

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Steve – that is very old and has been superseded.

Gary_M
    Free Member

And would still have resulted in a court appearance for the registered keeper of the vehicle.

Filthy
    Free Member

FFS people stop giving the guy a hard time, all he’s done is run a red light. I’ve been in a similar situation where the wifes waters broke and been faced with the decision of wether wait for an ambulance or jump in the car and get to the hospital. I jumped in the wifes car (didn’t want to get the seats diry on mine) and drove quicky and responsibly to the hospital. I didn’t need to run a red light on that occasion but if needed be I would have done a quick risk assesment and drove through if it wasn’t going to cause an accident. It is possible to get from a to b quickly and responsibly without causing an accident, ok there are drivers out there who might take undue risks but I dont for one minute think that is the case with sharbait.

All he’s done is put his family first which if faced with the same dilemma then I’m sure most reasonable people would do the same thing. There’s also the possibility that the camera is set to catch out anyone who even thinks about crossing the junction on amber.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I understand what your saying Filthy, but sharkbait said himself that, and I quote, ‘I wasn’t in a ‘hurry”.

fontmoss
    Free Member

i think a lot of people would probably have done something similar in the heat of the moment but whether that’s justifiable afterward is different.

as to original question, im not sure whether they will be accepted as extenuating circumstances but if you can always try.

matt_outandabout

anyone for a brew?

I have Fox’s Crunch Creams as well….

Filthy
    Free Member

mmm crunch creams, good call matt, stick the kettle on

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

A few folk seem to have had too much coffee already.

Anyone want to start a thread about dogs, they are usually pretty amusing?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do dogs on the trail need helmets if they bark?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

100 🙂

fontmoss
    Free Member

in theory yes but in practice only really applicable if they are barking

AndyP
    Free Member

It might help them when they get a spd cleated boot to the head

sharkbait
    Free Member

FFS Gary…….

If you want everyone to agree with you sharkbait you should have said

At what point did I show displeasure at someone’s views? All I did was ask a question.

I really don’t think you should ever think of taking this to court

At no point did I ever mention that either…. in fact quite the opposite – as previously stated I’m happy to take whatever comes.

Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Got flashed by traffic light camera while on way to hospital’ is closed to new replies.