Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Got done for speeding today…
  • Joe

…damn.

Why am i having such a bad week? It really upsets me. Why does the flyover by staples corner in London have a 30mph limit! I was doing 58mph. I'm lucky to have only got a fixed penalty notice i spose. The cops were quite nice actually, i wasn't arsey…knew i was going to fast.

Yours frustratingly
    Joe

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

do we get Octopus pRon for speeding as well now

it's close to needing it

coffeeking
    Free Member

58 in a 30, bugger me thats pushing the realms of sense!

andylaightscat
    Free Member

because there's a big circular sign with 30 on it,the speed limit on both sides of that piece of dual carriageway is 30 so why you think nearly double that speed is acceptable is beyond me

monotokpoint
    Free Member

It's a 3 lane carriagway so easy to do that sort of speed there

Keva
    Free Member

unlucky. I got hit 3 times in the space of year back in 2004 – 2005. Now I spend more time looking out for speed cameras than I do the road in front of me. Crazy.

Kev

Drac

Burn him!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

IZ IN MA SHELL W8TIN TO POWNZ

Del

so probably an indicated 65?
    30mph over the limit would be a ( pretty much ) automatic ban. i'd say you were very lucky.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

two lanes over the bridge,unless you count the sliproads………

no speed camera,would have been mobile unit

Dobbo

3MPH more and you'd have to change your website to joeofftheroad.

Jamie
    Free Member

Time to get a Road Angel?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I'm lucky to have only got a fixed penalty notice i spose. The cops were quite nice actually, i wasn't arsey…knew i was going to fast.

Probably because you wern't arsey you only got the fixed penalty

Oh – can I join in with the "burn him" sentiments?

aracer
    Free Member

It's a 3 lane carriagway so easy to do that sort of speed there

It's easy to do 40 (or even more) in most 30 limits, yet somewhow I manage to restrain myself.

Smee
    Free Member

Nonsense. ACPO guidlines say you should be in court for that one.

ransos
    Free Member

The pedal next to the accelerator is the brake.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

andylaightscat – Member

two lanes over the bridge,unless you count the sliproads………

no it's not

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

I got hit 3 times in the space of year back in 2004 – 2005. Now I spend more time looking out for speed cameras than I do the road in front of me. Crazy.

i don't even know where to start with that statement 😆 😆

Grimy
    Free Member

I got done for speeding years ago on the way to the festival of speed at goodwood hall. Oh the irony.

stumpy01

There's a few flyovers there and one of them is only 2 lane. I used to work at Brent Cross in Olympus Sports so it was a regular journey I made……I thought that particular one was a 40mph though although I've not been that way for a while.

jonb
    Free Member

I've got the firewood, anybody got any matches?

snowslave

were you in a car?

mtbfix

Buddy of mine was followed by police travelling to Fort Bill doing 120mph for a sustained period. He got 6 points and a £400 fine. Not sure that speeding is being treated as seriously as it might be.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Do you know where he got stopped?

Smee
    Free Member

There appear to be one or two urban myths floating around here…

Kahurangi

Please educate us then…

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

A mobile phone will never bring down an aeroplane nor blow up a service station

ronjeremy
    Free Member

as i once heard on a radio phone in,

'It is a speed limit, so it is not flexible and going over it has no excuse, if you say the limit for me sleeping with your wife/girlfriend/partner was nil would it be alright if i was just over it?'

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Got done twice in 10 days recently.

Paid the fine on the second one and the courts forgot to add the points to either my license or the DVLA computer.

I hope that this suitably annoys all the people straining to read their computer monitors from atop their high horses on here.

Smee
    Free Member

The vast majority of traffic offences can be categorised as failing to spot the police. Taking that onboard what else have you failed to spot if you missed the big **** off luminous thing?

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

a mate had to go to court for speeding at 103.2 mph on the m5…i dont no how he got away with that…i thought 30mph over the limit was a ban for a year…

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Thought you might be interested to know that following the UK Government's Freedom of Information Act you can now get access to ALL speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.
    Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1mph over the set limit, it is registered and put on a database? You
    only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that I didn't know) if you receive over 10 near misses, you will be
    classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.
    This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30mph limit area, whilst others doing 39 do not. You can check what has been
    registered against your vehicle at the following web address:

http://www.i-database.co.uk

Just enter your car registration. If there is any data on your vehicle you can click on the camera window to see a copy of the photograph.

BoardinBob

For a laugh, what's the fastest anyone's been on a public road?

Me = an indicated 160mph which probably equates to 140mph allowing for speedo innacuracy.

BoardinBob

if you receive over 10 near misses, you will be
    classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.

I was about to start a big rant when suddenly the penny dropped 😆

Hairychested
    Free Member

stuarte_c, you so-and-so! How many times will I fall for that, yeek!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Keva
    Free Member

140 for me… still accelerating, ran out of space though.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

i did 155, so about 140/145, however went out to my car the next day to see a huge puddle of fluid under it, £1100 bill ( i still have the bill somewhere) for a new head gasket and skim, as well as some other bits as well, was fun and luckily had the cash to pay for it at the time,

Gary_C

Years ago,had an indicated 150 on the speedo whilst driving up the M6 in a V12 XJS.

aracer
    Free Member

Taking that onboard what else have you failed to spot if you missed the big **** off luminous thing?

I failed to spot the big **** off luminous thing because the first I saw of it was when I came over the brow of the hill, at exactly the same moment it caught me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Got done for speeding today…’ is closed to new replies.