Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • got buzzed today by this (bomber content)
  • rOcKeTdOg

and this 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Is it a Baby Robin?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Awesome mate. I grew up south of Manchester, near to Woodford where BAE are/were based. The Vulcan used to make regular visits there and as kids we would go and lie on the end of the runway as they came in to land. That sounds utterly ridiculous now as I can’t imagine you can even get anywhere near the end of the runway, let alone onto it. But this was back in the 70s!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grumm
    Free Member

Would you say you were ‘owned’ by the bomber?

IGMC

rOcKeTdOg

amazed it was flying, it seemed so slow, or maybe that was just an illusion?

bassspine
    Free Member

Vulcans make an awesome noise. And I believe that to be a rare case where awesome is used correctly.

smogmonster

I went to an airshow down in Lincoln about 20 years ago, when planes could still fly over the crowd…a Vulcan did a low level pass over us, and the pilot opened the engines to (what seemed like) full whack – it sounded like Armageddon had arrived…everything was shaking, us the ground, stands. It almost felt as though the air around us was being ripped apart. Id love to know how many people suffered hearing damage….even though i work on an oilrig, which has some bigass noisy machinery, it doesnt come close to the noise the Vulcan made. Incredible.

CountZero

Lol at RB. Baby Robin, indeed. Agree with bassspin and smogmonster, truly apocolyptic noise when the engines are opened up on that plane, nothing else flying comes close.

Bunnyhop

Waves to geetee1972.
    Same here geetee, we used to cycle up the ‘knot’ at Lyme park and look down on the vulcan. Also used to watch the Woodford airshow from up there.

polarisandy
    Free Member

RD thats my memory of the VB, looked so slow that you’d swear it would fall from the sky. Only the volume/depth of base tells you that a vast amount of energy is being used to keep it in the air.

A great sight.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Nice, saw it playing over my house a week or so ago. Absolutely awesome to watch.

Gary_C

IIRC the engines in the Vulcan,(RollsRoyce Olympus),were the same ones used in Concorde,although the Concorde ones had reheat (afterburners),whereas the Vulcan didn’t.

crazy-legs

RD, where was that?

Vulcan is making an appearance at the Windermere Air Show on Sat 28th(?) July. Last weekend in July anyway.

nuke

Me to 😀

…and these..

eerr…and…

…plus

(Just noticed that rather strange man on the right in that last pic)

Biggin Hill air fair today btw

polarisandy
    Free Member

they wern’t german heli’s were they?

rOcKeTdOg

it was flying over Uffington, had been doing cheeky stuff near the white horse

i can recommend The Fox and Hounds

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘got buzzed today by this (bomber content)’ is closed to new replies.