Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Got any inspiring stories of meeting an awesome girl after leaving an awful one?
  • bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I’m feeling a little apathetic towards the whole relationship thing at the moment. So, as per the title, do any of you have inspiring stories of bailing out of a terrible relationship and then meeting someone wonderful?

In the interests of gender/sexuality neutrality you can relay similar tales of men and same sex life partners too!

plumber
    Free Member

Girls are all awful

even the awesome ones

In the same way that I am awful despite being awesome

Harry_the_Spider

Me wife met awesome me after leaving an awful bloke.

HTH

iDave
    Free Member

yes, it happens and has happened to me

but it won’t happen if you mope around like a miserable sod

Harry_the_Spider

Correct. Join a gym and go and flex at some ladies.

bassspine
    Free Member

my wife left me for another bloke. I’m forced to assume he’s awesome.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I split up with an absolute cow after a year who didn’t even buy me a single thing for my 21st birthday! 6 Months later I met mrs wrightyson after having the best lads summer in between, and 15 yrs later we have 2 beautiful kids and are happier than ever!

Mounty_73

I had someone awesome for a long time, then I met some awful people….this doesnt help…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*Waves at bravehotel8r*

I know an Awesome girl!

Sammie-Lou.

(She may or may not exist)

kimbers

does surfmat have a sister?

khani
    Free Member

Their all awesome when their new, it’s later they go awful if your unlucky
    This applies to both sexes of course

khani
    Free Member

my wife left me for another bloke. I’m forced to assume he’s awesome richer
    Ftfy

cinnamon_girl

Learn from your mistakes. We all make them.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I went out with a girl about 11 years ago now nothing serious just good old fashioned adult fun. Sh :wink:e moved away to work with pontins and I stayed behind and carried on working here. I moved on and met another woman, we had a child and lived together for a few years untill a few bottles of wine a day got the better of her and I decided to get out. She turned out to be a complete nutter. I was then single for about a year until I went to a pub one sunny afternoon for a few beers with my old man and would you believe it the girl collecting glasses was the one that moved away all those years ago.
    We swapped numbers, went out for a drink and “the rest is history”. We get on great and are going strong after nearly 3 years. Even dragged her up the chase on the odd occasion. 😉

Happy days.

Although before I met her again I was struggling to meet someone.

thejesmonddingo

As ever Emo Philips has the answer “You think your girlfriend is so much better than mine,just because she’s real”.
    Ian

bassspine
    Free Member

thanks, Khani 🙂

BillMC

Which one in the question might you festoon?

porter_jamie

all my old girlfriends were nuts. however, the only common denominator was me…i havn’t managed to find anything awful at all about my current girl.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

BillMC – Member
    Which one in the question might you festoon?

Oh, the festooning was great!

The trouble was her constant panic about everything, I tried to be as supportive as possible, but I never knew which evrsion of her was going to show up. She hated her job and I was trying to help her to get into something else, but it was no use in the end.

The final straw was discovering the reason she was always skint (in spite of earning a reasonable salary and living at home with her parents), she owned a house that she had neglected to tell me about. It was in negative equity and she couldn’t sell it. Bit strange not telling your boyfriend something like that after a year, no?

To be fair, I’ve been quite lucky…she’s the only genuine wild card that I’ve ever dated.

Kunstler

I have an inclination to believe that the further you are away from awesome the more acceptable awful might become. First there are probably a few false awesomes. The odd awful might serve to remind you of the difference.
    I only remember awesome. It’s a shame my ex’s don’t feel the same way.

donsimon
    Free Member

As ever Emo Philips has the answer “You think your girlfriend is so much better than mine,just because she’s real”.

That’s a name I haven’t heard for a long time…. Classic…. Thanks. 😆

BillMC

I used to run into someone awesome(but attached) at conferences only to discover, much to my amazement, I’d caught her attention for some years. This put a few noses out of joint : ) Anyway, we both jumped ship and three years on it remains awesome (AND she can ride up and down steep Derbyshire hills.)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yes – twice good friends of mine have had long painful relationships with bunny boilers, both met lovely ladies afterwards

backhander
    Free Member

My last ex was always skint, contributed nothing to the bills etc. Had so many jobs but it was always someone elses fault. I soon noticed that my money wasn’t going as far as usual. Turned out she had a prolific cocaine habit. I got rid sharpish (she was pretty nasty too). She got a key cut for my place and tried to continue stealing from me! I’ve not made that many good decisions but getting rid of that one was visionary. Now met the warmest, most generous and kind girl I’ve ever known and we are getting married in sept. Happy days.
    Gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you meet a prince(ss),

Yes and still with her 18 years later. Will tell the rest when not on phone at footy game. Laters

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I was living with my partner for years when I discovered she was sleeping with her boss. The turmoil that followed led me to meet my lovely wife. Chin up etc. There are chances out there. Just look for them and take them.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yes – hence me being in Brazil nowadays!

– although really in terms of my last proper girlfriend she was suicidal and also sleeping with her doctor who also turned out to be suicidal and who she ran away with but who ended up being sectioned due to the threat of violence and more etc etc. I had a tough time but really tried to chalk it up as experience and did my best to be supportive when she was dumping on me.

But hey, life is very good right now 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

I’ve met many wonderful women after the break up from with Satan in a skirt.

I’ve also met plenty of not so wonderful women.

They’re all out there. It’s just a matter of having some faith that somewhere out there a suitable one for you lives.

From my experience.If you go looking, it’ll end in disappointment.
    Where as, if you don’t somebody will just appear into your life.

Just chill and don’t put pressure on yourself to NEED to be with someone.
    Live life, have fun and relax.

MoreCashThanDash

Not quite what the OP was after but……

A long time ago in a life far, far away, I’d avoided relationships for too many years, and finally met a great girl through a dating agency – intelligent, funny, had a cute labrador puppy. We got on well, arranged to meet again.

Then she pulled the plug, too many issues still unresolved from a previous relationship apparently. I was gutted.

Couple of weeks later I went on a charity walk up Ben Nevis and got chatting to a loud bolshy short arse with a limp on the bus.

15 years later we are still together, married, two kids…..

(She is still a loud bolshy short arse, but she is MY loud bolshy short arse!)

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

neilsonwheels – Member

Even dragged her up the chase on the odd occasion.

There’s no need to bring your filthy euphemisms up here…

kevonakona
    Free Member

Yes awful to awesome in on easy move(although don’t tell her dad that). Ex was a nut job through and through £70k in debt and having an affair while bleeding me dry.

New one sings all and we have a dog together. How much better can life get> :-).

emma82
    Free Member

You know, we aren’t all that bad! Perhaps you weren’t right for eachother which is why she behaved badly. However, please may I have your credentials, my friend became single on the weekend after being with a plonker (IMO) and she could do with cheering up 🙂

martymac

i was married for 11 years, it was awful, she attacked me with a knife on several occasions, her dad attacked me with a hammer, her brother attacked me with his fists, her sister and all her husbands family attacked me verbally and via the church i used to attend.
    she ran off and left me for a millionaire.
    i was on my own for 4 months, then i was working one night (bus driver)
    and a girl offered me her number.
    7 years later, with scarcely a cross word, cant say any fairer than that like.
    ps: the millionaire, wasnt.

Bunnyhop

Many of us on here would have been in long term relationships that turn sour for one reason or another.

I got really fed up with men after such a relationship. So, when the offer of going to California on a skiing trip came about, I jumped.

Just before boarding the 12 hour flight someone I vaguely knew came around the corner. He came over to chat on the flight and we ended up skiing together nearly every day. At the end of the holiday I’d fallen hook , line and sinker.
    Even though he lived in London and I was in Manchester, we managed and 11 years later we’re happily married.

Have to admit to that awful saying: ‘it never happens when you go looking, only when you least expect it’.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

If you find the right new partner, you’ll probably forget all about your previous realtionship pretty quicklly and start getting on with living your life rather than being restless. 🙂

I can’t guarantee that’ll happen quickly though. Singledom has more peaks and troughs than a sub par realtionship…

emsz
    Free Member

Oh Blimey, last gf was a bit if a ‘mare. To be honest though it was my first serious relationship and neither of us was particularly in a good place. Think hormonal teenage girls with sexuality and self esteem issues. It was a bit traumatic and **** up my relationship with some close friends and not least my mum. (we both had to work pretty hard at repairing our relationship)

After all that I wasn’t really looking for a gf but at a party there she was and it’s been mostly ( she **** it up pretty spectacularly a while back) pretty **** lovely ever since.

Woody
    Free Member

Have to admit to that awful saying: ‘it never happens when you go looking, only when you least expect it’.

I’d better keep looking then as I’m happier now I’m on my own 😉

Three ‘marriages’ is enough and I do take some comfort that my Mum bumped into my first wife who out of the blue said it was entirely her fault (it was) and she had bitterly regretted it ever since and would love to see me again.How I laughed………………….not 😈

The one after that was great…….for a while, so there’s always hope!

takisawa2

My ex ran off with a 16yr old, long haired guitarist.
    As well as being awesome, he did me a favour.

noteeth
    Free Member

I’m happier now I’m on my own

There was somebody I’d have done anything for, a very long time ago. The subsequent emotional carnage was such that I’m not sure I’d ever dare look at somebody in the same way, ever again.

That said, I like being my own boss. 😀

Sorry no help on the OP, but go to any large public library – the sexual tension is always palpable. 😯

mrgibbons
    Free Member

bravohotel8er

have a read of this, http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/a-love-story-three-reasons-your-partner-was-the-one-for-you

I suspect it’ll cheer you up considerably.

As Bunnyhop stated, you will meet ‘the one’ if there is such a thing, in the most damndest or unpredictable of situations. That you can be sure of : )

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Got any inspiring stories of meeting an awesome girl after leaving an awful one?’ is closed to new replies.