Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Got any freebies lately?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

I did!

Ad on a local MTB Facebook group asked if anyone wanted a Park PCS9 workstand and a Dakine Nomad backpack! Just got them today. Bargain-tastic! Stand is perfect as I’ve never got round to purchasing one, and the backpack is in the washing machine now (grubby but intact, no holes or tears!)

Gotta love a freebie or two eh?

racefaceec90

thanks to a certain bearnecessities off this very forum,i was gifted a ps3 console for nowt a few months ago.

still blown away by his kindness 😀

firestarter
    Free Member

I also from bearnecessities of this forum got four sunflower plants that were about 12″ high i now have four sunflowers that are over 7′ high along with 15 big yellow flower heads and more to come. Not only did he give me them he delivered them too and advised me on how to look after them as id never grown anything. The kids love em. Top fella

And if you spot this thread thanks again 😉

porlus
    Free Member

Thought I was going to get a freebie of a Rega Bias 2 cartridge. Mate of mine just got a Rega Rp3 turntable with an upgrade to the Elys 2 cartridge. Old cartridge was wrapped up in bubblewrap by the shop. He said I may as well have it. I was giddy as wanted to buy one of these anyhow. Opened it up and the blooming box was empty.

CheesybeanZ

Does a £20.00 note on the pavement at 6am while walking the dogs count ? 8)

ricky1
    Free Member

My brother gave me some spank bars,endura clothing and threw in some nice gear when I bought a 29er frame,he currently has some arch ex on hope hubs in his shed,what do you think my chances are

Drac

2 bottles of Brewdog, that’ll do for when I finish work tomorrow night.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Raceface shirt, few bike tee’s and some other bike merch from my lbs.

porlus
    Free Member

Found a pound on the floor the other day. Paid for the tram ticket when I was in Sheffield at the weekend.

onandon
    Free Member

I had my car services a few weeks ago and not used it much since. Just put the back seats down and found a nice snap on pick for removing bearing seals etc. result, I’ve wanted a pick for ages 🙂

bearnecessities

Heh *blushes* 😀

Cheers both; glad they’re both being enjoyed still. Those sunflowers are WAY better than mine and chuffed to bits the kids like ’em!

Nickc from here gave me a really tidy under-counter fridge for nowt and it still bugs me I didn’t have the consideration to get him some beers at the time, so if you see this nick, sos, but sure I’ll get the opportunity one day 🙂

Another chap from here responded to a wtd ad for a washing machine. He asked for £25 but that’s practically giving it away – a proper fancy-pants LG job and still going strong – his wife just wanted a new one and he helped me out by just asking a nominal fee.

It’s a very nice place around here when you scratch under the surface.

grey

I was given a biking hoodie today :D.

project
    Free Member

Geting a new jacket courtesy of a retweet off twitter,

got 2 free water bottles courtesy of Cyclist Magazine,

£5 quid voucher courtesy of Toolstation,

price matches off Evans cycles, Staples, and Cycle surgery,always worth doing some price comparisons befored

muddydwarf
    Free Member

A free replacement GPS unit after mine failed out of warranty 🙂

nick1962
    Free Member

Had to change my passwords,notify my bank to keep an eye out for any suspicious transactions,block phone numbers upgrade my internet security and generally spend a lot of my time dealing with the hassle because TalkTalk’s IT systems were hacked.First bogus phone call from the “TalkTalk” scammers (who knew all my personal details)trying to access my PC etc came a week before the real TalkTalk notified me!That was all totally FREE.I wll be changing my internet provider soon.
    I did get a Reverb replaced FOC recently though.

jam-bo

not really a freebie but alpkit have just sent me out a new gourdon after I split my old one in half.

chakaping
    Free Member

Bagstard of this forum gave me a nice pair of bonty g4 dh tyres on Monday.

Cheers Scott!

Trekster

Popped into https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brambles/413080942172934 for a burger roll, coffee and a chat with Jemma and got it all “free” for washing the dishes 😆

Met a couple of Ladies whilst riding in Ae the other week. Rode round with them and gave a few riding tips to the less experienced rider. Got some coffee and cake for my troubles. Thanks Molly & Mharia 😆
    The week before that I met a chap called Mark at Dalbeattie, same thing, gave him some ” Guidance” and he bought my coffee& cake….

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Got any freebies lately?’ is closed to new replies.