Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Got an Orange Crush….but not quite sure why
  • yunki
    Free Member

EDIT :

seosamh77
    Free Member

2006 model… but still a Crush….with 150mm forks.

Point it down a hill, and it’s great fun. Actually, it was a hoot to ride on anything but uphill climbs.My mate has one of them got it in 07, so think it’s a marzzochi bomber 140mm fork on it, good bike and you can pretty much bounce it down anything, but by god is it heavy!

flow
    Free Member

GW and Devient are both talking shite

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

GW and Devient are both talking shite

They’re speakin the truth. Dont you ride an Orange 5 anyway? Thats the classic mincing machine.

edoverheels
    Free Member

I had a Sub Zero for a couple of years. Not very sensible but a lot of fun. Encouraged stupidity and a few mangled rear rims. Crush would seem similar but with the added option of actually being able to ride it somewhere.

flow
    Free Member

They’re speakin the truth. Dont you ride an Orange 5 anyway? Thats the classic mincing machine

Might be a mincing machine with you riding one you fairy

bigdan6
    Free Member

I’ve never read so much nonsense.
    Leaning off the back of the bike indeed.

How the hell are you suppose to turn corners if you don’t put weight through the forks and front wheel?

Blimey

deviant
    Free Member

No, you’re right….nobody ever leans off the back of a hardtail do they? 🙄

Like i said earlier, if you have a long travel hardtail and are using all the travel then kudos to you, you are riding the front hard and using it as intended….however watch most people on a hardtail and as soon as things become steep or rough they ride like in the above photos, giving the forks an easy ride and using their legs as the suspension instead….thats just the way it is.

A good video is the now infamous ‘Hardtail downhill in Whistler’….that kid does a good mixture of both, at times he pumps the front hard and at other times he hangs off the back….most mere mortals though just hang off the back as it reduces the chances of an ‘over-the-bars’ moment.

Northwind

Ace’s denim jacket always makes me smile… Very snappy dresser

As far as I can tell, the Crush is for making Orange quite a lot of money, on a cheaply made frame with fairly basic parts bolted to it.

flow
    Free Member

No more basic than any other 6061 aluminium frame

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Hardtails tend to excell at this sort of riding, especially with 100mm of travel!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2gs214G7gw[/video]

Northwind

flow – Member

No more basic than any other 6061 aluminium frame

Yup, just much more expensive. £350 they are…

james
    Free Member

“To a certain extent i agree with GW, a longer fork (using all of its travel) usually makes for an unstable front end on a hardtail… “

tbh, I think I also agree with this

By no means am I suggesting not to do so, as the results still mean much fun riding

flow
    Free Member

Yup, just much more expensive. £350 they are…

Compared to?

Northwind

Mmmbop at £275 rrp is the obvious answer to that one.

Northwind

Heh. Someone doesn’t seem to be very good at tags.

flow
    Free Member

Mmmbop at £275 rrp is the obvious answer to that one.

Anymore?

Northwind

Chumba HX1, Sunn S2, Brand X trail, Genesis Abyss, complete build GT Avalanche…

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Got an Orange Crush….but not quite sure why’ is closed to new replies.