Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • got an e-mail from e-bay…….. is this a scam? Edit 100% defo a scam
  • watsontony
    Free Member

I Have recently started selling things on ebay and got this message when i click the link it take me to an ebay login page. This is a scam right?

Edit: I can get in my ebay account and all seems fine

Dear watson_tony@hotmail.co.uk,

We are writing to alert you that your eBay account has been suspended, because your credit/debit card company declined eBay’s attempt to verify your registration information that we have on file.

Per the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us.

To remove any limitations, you are required to confirm your eBay registration by following the link below :

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way until you confirm your registration.

Please note that this will also affect the ability to sell or bid on items.

This includes registering a new account.

Sincerely,

Mike Jenice

Managing Director
    eBay Safeharbor Department SD5

——————————————————————————–

Email reference id: [#a05-3dq70x4a35#]_[#c091e9b2b550462581605944730b7ae0#]
    Please don’t remove this number. eBay customer support may ask you for this number, should you need assistance

Learn more to protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails.
    Read our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.
    You can report this message as unsolicited (spam/spoof) email.

This email was sent by eBay Europe S.à r.l., which may make use of its affiliates to provide the eBay services. If you are a non-EU resident, please find the contact data of your contracting party in the User Agreement.

Copyright © 2013 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. eBay Imprint

double edit. this is the site it takes me to.

http://http.signin.ebay.bytbi.co.uk/identity.php?cmd=SignIn&co_partnerId=2&pUserId=&siteid=0&pageType=&pa1=&i1=&bshowgif=&UsingSSL=&ru=&pp=&pa2=&errmsg=&runame=

triple edit. this should be the first thing i checked this is theemail address jussi.gronholm@vesirakennus.co

njee20
    Free Member

Massively.

Please say you didn’t sign in from that link?

stumpyjon

It’s really simple, if they ask you to log in from a link in an email it’s a scam.

watsontony
    Free Member

It’s really simple, if they ask you to log in from a link in an email it’s a scam.

yes that what i thought.

Please say you didn’t sign in from that link?

Yes i did, with a very long and abusive password 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘got an e-mail from e-bay…….. is this a scam? Edit 100% defo a scam’ is closed to new replies.