Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Got a word.doc to put on the forum with pics, how?
  • ChrisE
    Free Member

Have written up (a pretty long) ride report in word with loads of pics in the word file. anyone know an easy way to put it on the forum without messing about uploading copies of the pics to a third-party website etc?

C

Pook

Save as PDF, open in PDF reader or paint, save as JPEG .

ChrisE
    Free Member

I think it’s way too big for that. It’s 55 pages at the mo (although I need to trim it!)

dan1980
    Free Member

Stick it on dropbox/google drive, and post the share link?

The forum needs pictures and videos to be hosted on a third party website anyway, so sticking the doc on one of the above isn’t very different.

ChrisE
    Free Member

OK, will start the loooooooooooooong job of uploading pics.

C

PePPeR

55 pages? Is it a magazine? 😀

wwaswas

Get a blog 🙂

dan1980
    Free Member

Can you just not upload the whole word file (it’ll have all the pictures already included in it) and just share it with one of the sites I suggested?

If you want to upload all the images separately, then if you have the files on your computer, Imgur is free, and allows you to drag and drop multiple files from explorer (assuming you’re using a PC), straight onto the web page . You don’t need to register, and you can get it to create an album for you.

legend
    Free Member

Looking forward to “The Adventure in the Red Route” over 55 pages 😉

AlexSimon

Save as pdf then link to it 😉

JoeG
    Free Member

Tl; dr. 😀

Cougar

Fifty-five pages, and you want to embed it in the forum? I refer you to Rimmer Directive 271.

Stop using the wrong tools for the job, go to wordpress.com and get a blog set up.

portlyone

I struggle with long sentences

EDIT: well, posts

Greybeard
    Free Member

Word has an option to save as html. Never used it, so don’t know how it handles the pictures, but my guess is you could upload it all and link to it.

ChrisE
    Free Member

Sorry, ignored most advice, just put the post on the Bike forum 2 mins ago!!

C

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Got a word.doc to put on the forum with pics, how?’ is closed to new replies.