Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Got a semi chubby right now!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, more specifically, I’ve got one of these to test out for a while!

Woohoo! Going to try and have a blast around the local trails tomorrow, but also got a trip to BPW lined up for it. Shall review in detail shortly.

From the briefest of bike shop to car park tests, it feels just like a Stumpy, but more fun and floatier. Grin inducing.

(I assume the uplift trailers at BPW will take a semi-fat tyre…! 650b 3″ for those that like killing small, cute, fluffy animals)

Drac

But there’s no snow so you can’t ride it.

wwaswas

I think it’s slush for plus tyres isn’t it?

duntstick
    Free Member

Has rubber got lighter? Why would anyone want this……….

Drac

Has rubber got lighter?

No, a Kg still weighs a Kg.

Rorschach
    Free Member

It is quite sandy at bpw…..(everytime I see B+ I go ‘huh’?)

Poopscoop

Looks like it could be fun, enjoy!

Northwind

Hope they make a plus size Butcher, that seems to be one of the issues with the concept right now- a lack of proper chunky tyres.

Very + curious myself, seen someone who has my bike with trax fatties in and it looks fantastic, which is half the job done 😆 But it’s a lot to spend just to try out.

wiggles
    Free Member

Got one of those as our demo in the shop, agree on the tyres

I have just got my hands on a nobby Nic 3.0 which is by far the most aggressive plus size tyre I’ve seen so far, braving the weather to try it on my fuse in the morning!

davosaurusrex

Terrible colorway but probably a laugh. I booked the uplift at BPW a week back and noted a statement that the trailers won’t take fatbikes. Thinking about it 3″ is probably close to the limit,might be a struggle

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Terrible colorway

There is a “u” in the word colour, and anyway, colourway isn’t a word! 🙂

It looks good in the flesh. Understated, which is a nice change in this era of enduro-gnar-fluoro-shite.

noted a statement that the trailers won’t take fatbikes. Thinking about it 3″ is probably close to the limit,might be a struggle

Not that much bigger than a big DH tyre, though.

davosaurusrex

I know, I did that especially for you! Soz.

bikebouy
    Free Member

assume the uplift trailers at BPW will take a semi-fat tyre

Can’t you ride uphill ?

Or is it a bike not designed to be ridden uphill??

davosaurusrex

Yeah you’ll probably be OK but from memory I think 3″ must be very close to the limit

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Soz

I will find you. And kill you. 😀

Can’t you ride uphill ?

Yawn. Uplift days are fun. Try one some day.

davosaurusrex

Well he could ride it uphill or he could use the uplift and get loads more of the fun stuff out of the day. I’m sure most people who use uplifts earn their descents the vast majority of the time.

jamj1974

Looks good IMHO

Mbnut
    Free Member

Look forward to hearing what you think of it.

I also look forward to hearing whether the trailers at BPW take the tyres, I find my 2.35 Schwalbes are reasonably tight in the rear wheel slots with a bit more space in the front wheel loops.

Currently running a HT in + and enjoying it.

anotherstan
    Free Member

I’ve had the instigator at bpw with 3″ duro leopards* on 50mm rims. just needed to ‘lean’ on the bike to get the tyre to pop into the rear wheel slot.

*that’s a proper 3″ tyre! 😯

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Got a semi chubby right now!’ is closed to new replies.