Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Got a Mini Clubman? Can you fit a bike in the back?
  • Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Wheels off but without shifting the front seats about?

Mrs BS is after a new car to potentially replace her Cooper S hatch, which is a great car bar the fact if you want to put a bike in the back you practically have to take the car to bits.

Please advise.

iolo
    Free Member

I could get 2 bikes in a 1275GT wheels off so I’m sure it should not be much of a problem.

Jason
    Free Member

Got a Mini Clubman, but haven’t tried to fit bikes in the back. I am pretty sure it would fit with wheels off – once the rear seats are down it is a fairly long luggage area, with good access through the rear doors.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Jason’s is more the kind of answer I was looking for….

I can get one in the mini hatch but the passenger seat has to be pushed all the way forward and stowed so 2up is impossible.

Jud
    Free Member

I have a 2007 Clubman and can fit my specialized epic or scott cr1 (both large) in the back no problem once the wheels are off.

julianwilson
    Free Member

What have they done to the interior on the mk2? 😯
    I fitted 2 wheels-off medium size hardtails and two 5’11” men in my ‘old’ new mini (2004) with the back seats folded and the passenger seat a bit (but not ridiculously) forward, and my full sus went in similarly fine too, although I can’t remember ever having a second bike or passenger in there with it.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Julian, that must’ve been 26″ bikes as my 29er barely goes in with the seat pushed right forward. Certainly no one could sit in the passenger seat at the same time.

simon_g
    johndoh
    Free Member

1275GT

Mmmm

So miss mine.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Julian, that must’ve been 26″ bikes as my 29er barely goes in with the seat pushed right forward.

Ah, these car companies really need to try harder and keep up with new wheel standards. 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Got a Mini Clubman? Can you fit a bike in the back?’ is closed to new replies.