• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Nick.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Got a fine for no MOT, but lost the slip with details on?
  • mos

I got done a few days back for mot being out of date, but i’ve now managed to lose the slip with payment details on it.
    Who should i contact, i’m guessing the police?
    Could i just walk into a copshop & pay there?

andyt1054
    Free Member

First you need to get your car mot’d, then get the receipt from the garage and new mot for the vehicle and take it to your nearest main police station reception. The front desk staff should record these details, they should also tell you the address of your closest central ticket office where you can send your fine. If they don’t just ask any local cop for the address, it should be the same on the rear of all traffic related tickets in your area.

You can’t pay direct at the police station, we’ll certainly not in South Yorkshire anyways

:0)

easygirl

When you say the slip
    Was it a fixed penalty notice?
    Just a fine, if it was ring the central ticket office for your area and tell them you’ve lost the ticket, they will have a record and yiu will be able to pay them
    If yiu go into local station I doubt they will be able to help, the officer who gave you the ticket will just forward the details to the centarl ticket office.

wwaswas

I was expecting a baying mob not helpful advice.

*is disappoint*

thegreatape
    Free Member

SHAME ON YOU

Driving without an MOT should be a hanging offence in my book.

That’s all I can muster, but it’s a start.

trail_rat
    Free Member

meh the MOT is nothing more than a bit of paper-

the amount of cars i see that wont pass their next MOT without major works on the road driving.

the MOT only says thats on A day your car was in good condition. its not a licence to ignore the car till the next MOT

easy mistake to make – register for the Text alert system next time.

patriotpro
    Free Member

I was expecting a baying mob not helpful advice.

*is disappoint*

+1 – there is still time however 💡

winston_dog
    Free Member

This is what we need.

mos

Cheers guys, i’ll register for the text alert thing as this happens every year with every cay i’ve had. Just a forgetuful spod i guess.
    Funny how when it comes to tax for the govt’s coffers (road fund licence) they actually post out a reminder tho.

parkesie
    Free Member

Alot of garages will send reminders. Alternatively you could write it on a mot sticker on your windscreen.

Nick

Fixed penalty fine? You lucky lucky bastard.

1991 I bought my first car from my sister, she told me it had an MOT and would dig out the paper work, I got it insured through the co-op who never asked to see the MOT.

Got pulled over a month later, given a producer, asked sister for the MOT, she couldn’t find it, phone the garage she said she had taken the car to, they had no record….

Ended up in court, not MOT = no Insurance, £500 fine and 9 points.

Put a bit of strain on my family relationships I can tell you.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Got a fine for no MOT, but lost the slip with details on?’ is closed to new replies.