Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gorse looks and smells wonderful, but..
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Twenty minutes down and still can’t get the splinter out of my thumb from last nights ride and legs still stinging to blazes!

Thumb already gone red and sore overnight so need to get it out and clean quickly

Drac

Get some Epsom Salts and make a solution in some hot water, hold your hand in the water for a bit. Obviously don’t make the water too hot.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thanks drac, it’s a tiny splinter but annoyingly sore and infected

Funny how gorse gets you on a ride. For a tiny, tiny splinter it was a sharp pain as I passed the bush on a v narrow bit of singletrack last night

Drac

Yeah they’re little buggers for getting in deep.

onehundredthidiot

Currently sitting with a pin digging thistle spikes out my shins.

globalti
    Free Member

“Annoyingly sore and infected”?

Do you realise how dangerous that gorse can be? A cadet died a few years ago from infection from gorse scratches and this older lady:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1518810/Grandmother-dies-after-scratch-from-gorse-on-dog-walk.html

And from this, also a gorse scratch: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/pvl-new-strain-of-superbug-targets-the-young-and-its-latest-victim-is-an-nhs-nurse-428961.html

“The lethal nature of the new strain of MRSA was demonstrated two years ago when a physically fit young soldier became infected after grazing his leg while out running on Woodbury Common, Devon. Richard Campbell, 18, a Royal Marine recruit, rapidly developed swelling in both legs, became unable to walk and died two days later.”

Get to the Dr first thing on Monday and get some proper treatment, and today if the infection seems to be worsening and becoming more generalised, get to A&E fast. It’s no laughing matter.

scotroutes

stevenmenmuir needs to post a video about now.

Drac

Do you realise how dangerous that gorse can be? A cadet died a few years ago from infection from gorse scratches and this older lady:

11 years ago.

Given how many people get scratched by gorse it seems pretty remote and no worse then getting a spelk or scratch from any other source.

Saccades
    Free Member

I like gorse splinters – gives me something to dig at about 5-6 days later, once found a 10mm thorn in my neck that had been there ages, had thought it was a spot or something.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I like gorse splinters – gives me something to dig at about 5-6 days later, once found a 10mm thorn in my neck that had been there ages, had thought it was a spot or something.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Last little bugger out at last – annoying little things and sore for such tiny spikes!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Gorse looks and smells wonderful, but..’ is closed to new replies.