Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Gorrick XC Area 51 ?
  • Muke
    Free Member

With 2 Autumn Classic races coming up can anyone tell me what the Area 51 course is like at Frimley Green as never been there before.

Thank you

Yak

Loamy, well drained, fast rooty descents, some bombholes, a mix of open sandy heath and woodland. A bit of climbing, but not masses. This is what I remember from the Brass Monkeys there last winter, so expect a bit more technicality/difficulty.

Good venue though – I enjoyed it there.

Oh, and a verge just outside the venue that we are absolutely not allowed to walk on. Do not touch the verge, nor kick the leaves off it. Not joking either!

gazhurst
    Free Member

Singletrack….lots and lots (and lots) of narrow, twisty, rooty singletrack!!!!

Muke
    Free Member

Sounds like fun, why is the verge so special ?

theotherjonv

private land not owned by the landowner of area 51?

If my neighbour was having a house party, while there’s nothing I can do about them parking outside my house if his visitors then walked over my front garden from their cars to his door because it was convenient I don’t think i’d be happy either.

Yak

^ yes, this. The owner of the verge seemed very concerned and swept up every leaf, glowering at us lot as if we were the cause of leaves. Think we’d have been battered to death with a broom if we actually set foot on the verge. (no-one did I think!). I tried a smile and a ‘hello’, but only got the death-stare in return.

I suspect the issue may have gone now as we now park in the venue, and not roadside.

Painey
    Free Member

Sounds good. I’m planning on doing the Gorrick race this Sunday so looking forward to it after those comments. I only have time for the fun category so was considering bringing the fat bike for a bit of a laugh.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Gorrick XC Area 51 ?’ is closed to new replies.