Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Gorrick Spring Series Veteran Categories
  • sirromj

Thought I’d have a go at the Gorrick Spring Series, entered the Veteran category but since noticed there’s a Veteran Plus category.

I see the Vet+ cat has an extra lap. I would prefer get my money’s worth for the travelling.

The vet+ cat also has an earlier start butother than that, any other differences? Is one or the other more popular?

How are they with riders switching cats?

richP

Generally the vet plus is a little faster and I think the field sizes are normally reasonably good for both the vet categories. (the results from previous races are linked on the Gorrick website so you can check them out in more detail is you want.)

I also like the earlier start to the vet plus race as it means that I can get home reasonably early.

I think the race on the 17th Jan has now been supplanted by the last brass monkey race, so you might need to check with Gorrick if this is the one you’ve entered.

sirromj

Thanks. Am doing the last bras monkey and this. Guess I’ll see how I fare at the vets category then, and next time decide about Vets+. Only entered a handful of races before. Not got the lightest bike nor the best tyres, but have usually scraped into the top half of results. I suspect the weather this time of year puts the less serious riders off. Will be my first race in the vets category so will see.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Gorrick Spring Series Veteran Categories’ is closed to new replies.