Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gorrick 12:12
  • Gee-Jay
    Free Member

For those doing it next weekend, I was having a tootle around the Minley Woods on Saturday & the trails are lovely & dry.

Fingers crossed the rain stays off so its not like last year

njee20
    Free Member

I'll keep the Furious Freds off until Saturday I think, fitting them will ensure it rains!

martinh
    Free Member

Last year the weeks before the 12:12 was some of the dryest all summer, then it rained heavily the day and night before. Hopefully not this time.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Yeaaay am doing the solo, used to race the gorricks all the time back in the day (90's) is the course like all the other gorrick races? Fast, flatish and fun???

phildowling
    Free Member

I'm down for Solo on this aswell. Whats the course like?

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

There is a map on the site with an elevation chart on it.

Pretty flat I guess, to me in my lardy ness there are short sharp bits, but I guess the longest hill is about 100m long, so nothing too much.

We are out around the woods again tonight, I have not managed to work out exactly what the course is though.

From last year when it was just 2 inches of mud everywhere & the odd large puddle it is totally different. Dry & a bit dusty, I did find a puddle on Saturday but chose not to ride through it, so no dramas with it covering the whole width of the track.

If its any help I had a GPS with me on Saturday, here's the google map link to the route that I took … some of it will be right.

Linky

I stopped & spoke to one of the organisers while there & he said that the course is not exactly the same as last year, some of the route will be done backwards & some bits have altered.

shortcut

the course is really very nice, and a bit easier than last year. there are a couple of nasty little climbs but generally its pretty relaxing and a good enduro course.

i am in the team event so will have plenty of time to drink tea and heckle!

SC

Gee-Jay
    Free Member
    Spanner-Man
    Free Member

Looking forward to this, first ever XC type event for me as I'm a DHer converted to XC/Trail.

Fingers crossed for good weather, looking alright at at the moment!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gorrick 12:12’ is closed to new replies.