Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Gorilla tape is it all that????
  • solidrooster
    Free Member

Was intent on setting the fatty up tubeless today. Watched all the videos on youtube, looks easy enough. Tyres off, tubes out. Went to apply gorilla tape as a rim strip can’t get it to stick to anything, wont even stick to a plastic bucket.
    First time i’ve used gorilla tape thought it would stick like s*** to a blanket. Have I got a dodgy roll or does it only stick to itself.

SidewaysTim

Nope, it’s shite.

jekkyl

it’s always been pretty dam sticky for me. Was the rim clean?

trout
    Free Member

Split tube and Laminate flooring underlay is the best most reliable method for tubelessing the OO wheels

legend
    Free Member

Use it on rims, fork and frame. Only adhesion issues are worrying about how to get it back off

breninbeener

Mine has always been super sticky, unless its really really cold

solidrooster
    Free Member

Everything was nice and clean. Sounds like a dodgy roll, I’ll return it and try a different roll.

sadexpunk

yeah i used it fine when i first tried ghetto tubeless back in the day. sticky as a sticky thing.

tazzymtb

None of my victims made a sound or escaped, works just fine for me

ssboggy

Nope, it’s shite

This. I did a Dually rim with the stuff and will never put it on another rim.Took forever to clean all the sticky crap off the rim after.
    Think of it as a lucky escape if it didn’t stick 😀

sillyoldman

Works for me. Better than most dedicated tubeless tapes. Conforms to the rim well better, sticks better, fills the gap on undersized rims/oversized tyre combos.

It is tricky getting the residual glue off the rim if you remove it, but I don’t do that often.

It’s what ENVE supply with their rims/wheels to make them air tight.

tillydog
    Free Member

Normally sticky. Give the rim a good wash with hot, soapy water and try again with a fresh bit of tape.

Northwind

Something slippy on rim- give it a clean first, it should stick just fine, better than most tubeless tapes

But still, I don’t like it, because it’s such a total **** to get off.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Don’t know about fatty rims, but built a new 29 er wheel this week, 2 layers of insulation tape and one go round with gorilla and all went on perfectly and was very sticky . Was a brand new rim and didn’t clean it but looked clean.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

meanwhile in a jungle somewhere Gorilla’s contemplate the uselessness of HumanTape (TM)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Gorilla tape is it all that????’ is closed to new replies.