Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • gorilla cage alternative
  • jimfrandisco
    Free Member

What are the options for adding something like a gorilla cage to rigid forks without mounting points of any sort?
    I know there’s a gorilla clip expressly for that purpose, but only attaches with zip ties and means 14quid ontop of the cage itself.
    There’s also the salsa anything cage, but again that really requires 3 mounting holes.
    What alternatives have people used? jubilee clips?
    Any suggestions?
    cheers
    Jim

core

Jubilee clips seem the most obvious option, if you get stainless ones in the right size they shouldn’t look too bad, particularly if you can line the heads up neatly behind the cage, might be wise to line them with something to protect the fork though.

STATO
    Free Member

I know there’s a gorilla clip expressly for that purpose, but only attaches with zip ties and means 14quid ontop of the cage itself.

The monkey clip bolts onto the fork. Its olny got 2 mounting points for the gorilla cage but instructions for it say that’s ok. I use them with my Monkey cages, they fit most sus forks ok too (Fox 32 and RS Bluto tried).

hp_source

I’d seen these a while back when looking to add a second cage to my bike.

Zefal Gizmo

Reviews on Amazon seem pretty good too. I’ll probably give them a try soon as the weather warms up

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

thanks all – guess the way forward then is just looking at the various clamp on bottle bosses and pairing that up with a large cage etc etc
    cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘gorilla cage alternative’ is closed to new replies.