Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Goretex/event shorts – any recommendations
  • BigR

I have gone through 2 pairs of Gore goretex shorts and had them replaced under warranty when the membrane started peeling off. When they work they are brilliant and I am looking for a replacement. Have I just been unlucky or are their better ones?

Gary_M
    Free Member

mmm think you’ve been unlucky with the Gore ones. I’ve had a pair since last August and worn them loads – 3 to 4 times a week for 2.5hrs at a time. No problems at all here. Is it the seems on yours that have peeled?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Yep my Gore ones have been great

kaskazi
    Free Member

How have you been washing/treating them? Goretex is ‘guaranteed for life’ so should be able to keep changing them. eVent is more breathable (and more expensive), Goretex more durable (according to the sales reps!)
    Could be a bad batch yours come from…

BigR

The first lot may have been partly my fault. The second ones peeled on the stretchy material at the back. I wash them occasionally and have never bothered to treat them as up until they peeled they worked perfectly. Both replaced without a quibble. As I know the fit for the Gore shorts I think I will simply try them again, third time lucky!

Spud

BigR, how long had you had them before they peeled and who warrantied them? Mine have done the same and I’ve always looked after them and washed them according to instructions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Goretex/event shorts – any recommendations’ is closed to new replies.