Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Gorebikewear jacket sizing?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Any help for me please It’s a slim fit fitting one I’m looking at? I’m a 36 inch chest slim build….the website suggests small is for upto 34inch chest which seems bizarre! Any help appreciated before I press the buy button?

handyman
    Free Member

Hi I just bought a gore tool jckt size xl it was a little loose over a tshirt when i tried it on, but I bought it in xl so i can wear a long sleeved merino wool top under it and maybe a vest as its damm cold in the winter in NJ. I could of worn a large but it would be a perfect fit with one top underneath and mean i couldnt layer in the winter. I have long arms and the length was good in xl but a large was a bit shorter than i prefer, i reckon a med would do you but i would try iy on to check I wear 16/1/2 shirt collar size and usually large in most clothes

d45yth
    Free Member

Like you, they oscillate wildly! I’m 6ft1″ and of slim build. The small goretex Alp-X jacket fits me well but with the Alp-X zip off jacket I need a medium.
    I’d try the small, but is it a 2012 jacket you’re looking at? I’m wondering if they’ve altered their sizing? I’ve always found Gore clothing to be on the large side. I can’t even get their arm and leg warmers small enough to fit me!?! I wonder if they plan on doing a kids range? 😳

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Ooooo thanks for the quick responses, It’s a contest 2 active shell jacket, it is a 2012 one tooo…

I’ve got a alp x jersey and had to get a medium….it fits ok its not as tight as I’d hoped, but assumed a small.would to tight….jacket I don’t want to be lose but want a jersey/baselayer underneath….

Soon by reckoning your alp x jacket should be similar and small sounds a good choice

druidh
    Free Member

I have an Oxygen WS jacket, and an Oxygen GT jacket both in a medium, but needed the large in the Alp-x Zip-off.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Druidh. Cheers, what size inch chest are you if you don’t mind me asking?

d45yth
    Free Member

Oscillate – I take it you’re asking these questions so you can buy it mail order? If so, are you aware that Wiggle do free returns now? Subscribe to the newsletter to get an extra fiver off too!

druidh
    Free Member

38″-ish

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Hey d45yth…indeed buddy, I know but could do with it for a trip next week, and can’t really afford to buy both sizes and havevenough time to send back and order the other size…got the 5 etc voucher ready to go..just gotta try and get s good idea of the sizing….

If Druidh is a 38/39 inch chest then a medium sounds too bug for me…

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Ahhh Druidh thanks! One more qiickie, is it a good fit on you at 38inch in medium? Tight or loose fitting? Many thanks again for the info

anc
    Free Member

Check out Royles for some gore bargains. Depends on the fit(gore have 3 different fits) size wise. I’m 38 chest and have a small in the cosmo and medium in the Xenon. Both fit perfectly.

http://www.royles.biz/category/2291/Soft_Shell_Mens

d45yth
    Free Member

anc – That’s all I need…some bargains to be had on there. I’ve spent too much on camping gear this month as it is! 🙂
    I take it you’ve heard that the ‘Bis is for sale…I’m a hardtail purist now, might even get a rigid 29er!

anc
    Free Member

Is it!! Why’s that?

anc
    Free Member

Actually your probably right to get rid… Tiz a bit of a lemon :mrgreen:

d45yth
    Free Member

HaHa, Mike said you would be the one putting an offer in?…£2000 and it’s yours, I only want the rear mech off it! 🙂

anc
    Free Member

Hehehe, get yourself out wednesday night.
    😉

druidh
    Free Member

Oscillate Wildly – Member
    Ahhh Druidh thanks! One more qiickie, is it a good fit on you at 38inch in medium? Tight or loose fitting? Many thanks again for the info

Just saw this.

Gore have a “styling” guide available for their clothing which is a reasonable guide to fit. Some of it is built to be very figure hugging, some of it less so. This is usually fairly accurate.

The medium Oxygen GT is very close fitting – but then it’s a race/roadie style. I’d have been tempted to go for the large but it’s way too long in the arms. The Oxygen WS is looser fitting and I can easily get a couple of (thin) layers on underneath.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

thanks druid for that! very informative! i went for small in the end, can always send back at worst…

ive actually reproofed my endura stealth again and its proper waterproof again, im now not so sure ill actually need this gore one, though if its nice enough ill keep it to wear with a baselayer on autumn/spring dryish rides! save the stealth for deep winter

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Gorebikewear jacket sizing?’ is closed to new replies.