Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Gore tex repair patches
  • sausagefingers
    Free Member

Had an off yesterday and landed on some rocks , ribs first. Luckily I’m extremely fat and the ribs are just bruised but my gore tex jacket didnt fare so well. There’s a hole about the size of a 50p and a small tear, I don’t think the hole will stitch so have been looking online at the patches but there’s bloody tons of ’em. Anyone have any recommendations / experience with any?
    Much appreciated, I’m off for a lie down

CaptainSlow

I’ve repaired a torn sleeve on an event jacket with duct tape and super glue. It’s been washed a few times and still ok.

sausagefingers
    Free Member

Cheers for the reply, think I may have some duct tape in the garage. I’ll give it a go

plumber
    Free Member

Sorry to barge in on this

Captain slow. Could you contact me about your nova

Contact in profile

Thanks

plum

CaptainSlow

No probs, will do plumber

crikey
    Free Member

He’s gone out to the garage, and the plumbers come in… It’s like a certain genre of ‘educational’ film…

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

Tenacious tape cheap and lasts. Lasted well on the jackets i’ve used it on. Not 100% invisible but miles better than manky duck tape

CaptainSlow

Oh bugger – should have stated – repair on the inside 😀

That’s where I did mine, it was only the sleeve so I never noticed how water tight it was. The main thing is, that it prevented further ripping.

sausagefingers
    Free Member

I’ve seen that Tenacious tape but wasn’t sure how good it is.
    Nice and cheap so ordered some 😀

Cheers

twoniner
    Free Member

I have a big roll of goretext seam tape here. Had it for a while so not sure if it will do the job, Just Iron it on on the inside of the jacket, obviously don’t have the iron too hot.

Drop me a line if you want a length (gore tex tape I mean :lol:)

No cost.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Gore tex repair patches’ is closed to new replies.