Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Gore-Tex jacket repairs – send off or patch?
  • strike
    Free Member

I’ve got a Gore Pac-Lite jacket, that has a small tear (1cm long) on the bottom of the hem, by the bottom drawstring. Not sure whether to send it off to be fixed or to get one of the Gore patch kits and fix it myself.

I would just go ahead and get a patch but wonder how a patch will fare, given it’s going to be bunched-up by the draw string.

What are other people’s experiences/recommendations?

Thanks-in-advance.

IHN

I’d be tempted to leave it. If it’s on the drawstring bit it’s not in a crucial area for waterproofing, and I assume it’s made of ripstop so it shouldn’t spread (especially if it’s bunched up as it’ll be protected from snags).

If you want to try something though, I’ve used Tenacious Tape and it’s very good (but I doubt it’ll bunch very well)

acehtn
    Free Member

Have used the McNett Gore-tex patches.

Easy to use and apply, fairly thin fabric so should bunch up ok.

Offset the cost of patches and DIY against total cost of sending off for repair, against value of jacket.

Used mine on some Berghaus trousers. Few years old about £90 new, 2 holes ripped through. £6.75 DIY fix a year ago, still ok no reported leakage.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    strike
    Free Member

Thanks – just ordered a pack of McNett patches.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Gore-Tex jacket repairs – send off or patch?’ is closed to new replies.