Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Gore-Ride-on cables
  • organic355
    Free Member

worth the money? ar they the doggies dangly bits?

£40 seems a bit steep for the extra long set? Think I need that if I want to run full length gear outers?

Anyone using them and are they worth the money?

njee20
    Free Member

They’re alright, but I’d not bother. Lovely when new, but as soon as anything gets into the liner they go really quickly.

If you want posh cables PowerCordz are good. Combine with I-link outers for a fully sealed set up.

binners

They are bloody good. Fit ’em and forget ’em. Literally

However the Transfill Mudlovers are equally as good. The same principle – a completely sealed cable, and they’re half the price

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I’m a big fan – have them on both of my bikes and don’t think I’ll try anything else again! My winter bike went out in all weathers and they are still as good as day one. Minor faff to install but if done properly, they should last for years.

Great service from them too – I messed up and bought a short kit that didn’t come with full length outers but didn’t realise until I had started cutting, and they sent me 3m of new outer for free.

FuzzyWuzzy

Huge fan of mine, had them on one MTB for 1.5 years and on a road bike (Pro version) for over 2 years, zero cable maintenance on both. If you get something in the liner you’ve fitted them wrong.

DT78
    Free Member

Got a set for the mud bike, went to fit and found out I need to drill the shifters out slightly larger to accept them. The opportunity for me to mess this up was huge so stuck with normal ones. Might get round to it next time I need to replace the cables

philfive
    Free Member

clarkes allweather kits are good, ive had mine on since last winter with no issues and they are a tenner.

matt_outandabout

I bought mine at a lovely sale price from thebikechain in Edinburgh – they were grey, so less ‘cool’ than black…
    I was sceptical, but they are indeed amazingly good.
    The lack of drag on a full length cable is noticeable, especially new.
    Ridden through the muck and cack this winter when my usual (Shimano or Clarks) cables would need replacing at least once and some faffing. Still smoooth.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’ve not used other version but I found the Gore Ride-on excellent, once set up and adjusted for initial stretch I didn’t needed to touch them again

Onzadog
    Free Member

I remember using the original version. Must have had them well over five years and even moved them from one bike to the next. However, I’ve found the newer version less impressive. I have had a set delaminate so the ptfe bunched up in the sleeve in less than a year. I’ve now gone back to xtr tongue and boot cables. Initally not as super slick but stay slicker longer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Gore-Ride-on cables’ is closed to new replies.