Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gore Power Trail GT AS jacket – any good?
  • wl
    Free Member

Anyone tried this jacket? Gets rave reviews but I want to know the real-world stuff. And how is the sizing and durability? Ta v much.

wl
    Free Member

Anyone?

slightreturn
    Free Member

I’ve got one, gore tex is very beatable, fit is great. Performs superb.
    And it looks fab.
    In in a medium. 6ft tall 38/40 chest.
    Recommend.

slightreturn
    Free Member

Breathable ^

wl
    Free Member

Slight – thanks for this. I knew there must be someone out there! Is it reasonably robust – not too flimsy fabric? I’m planning on using one as a serious autumn/winter-only jacket, for epics and trips to the Lakes etc. Not just messing around in the local woods where it’ll shred on brambles in no time (for which I have a knackered old OR jacket). Ta.

aide

Ive had mine about a year now, seems to hold up well, had a few slight offs and no signs of wear to speak of. Only use it in the rain really(but live in scotland) as although it is breathable it can still get a bit sweaty, but ive found this to be normal for the type of jacket, and this does seem better than most ive tried. Like the fit of the jacket. The hood goes under a helmet which seems strange and cannot be stowed away. Can be packed away fairly small.

Stupid.is
    Free Member

If it is anything like my 9+ year old Goretex waterproof then it will be indestructible. Mine is still waterproof, but the zip has gone so will be repaired rather than replaced.

scotroutes

I have a 8 year old GT Active Shell jacket that is still going strong. The Power Trail is a slim, but not roadie tight, fit.

I wear a medium, as I do in all other Gore, Endura and Polaris kit.

I’ve just ordered a blue Power Trail from Cyclesurgery

allyharp

I’ve got one and I like it. In fact, I’ve decided that I’ll buy another if I come across one in another colour for <£100 (already have black).

I will still get sweaty (I sweat a lot) but it’s better than the (admittedly small sample of) alternatives I’ve tried. I find it close-fitting on the chest particularly, but that’s a good thing for cycling. I’m a size large in this with a 38-39″ chest but a medium is every other jacket I own (Montane, The North Face, Altura etc)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gore Power Trail GT AS jacket – any good?’ is closed to new replies.