Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Gore Phantom/Gore Tool/Endura Stealth
  • bobster
    Free Member

Had planned on going for a Phantom, couple of friends swear by them and I like the look of the versatility with the removable arms, but also tempted by the look of the Tool or the Endura Stealth.

After something to keep me warm in Autumn (Presumably with little or nothing underneath) and winter (With extra layers underneath if required), and provide some wet weather resistance – ie shortish showers and so on. Not looking for it to be a full on waterproof, but some protection would be nice.

I tend to run reasonably warm, and sweat a bit, biggest problem is once stopped if that sweat then gets cold.

Opinions/advice/comments on which to opt for welcome (Or suggestions of anything else in the Gore/Endura range).

Ta

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Endura is almost completly waterproof. It is warm (baselayer and that is enough most days). Vents are handy too.

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

I've got both Gores. The Tool is very warm and only comes out when the temp gets down very low. I'd have been better off buying a couple of good merino layers to use when neccessary under the Phantom. Both great jackets, but the Phantom is far more versatile and gets used far more by me in all but the wetest and coldest conditions.

br
    Free Member

I've both the Stealth and the Phantom – I'd suggest you buy both too.

I wear the Phantom more, but glad I've the Stealth for those really crap weather days.

Both usually worn with a short-sleeve base layer, but will go to a long-sleeve if its (well) below freezing.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

The Oxygen SO is very similar to the Phantom but is more of a roadie cut. I went to buy a Phantom but the Oxygen was a much better fit. No zipoff arms but I can live with that. See Dales Cycles for Gore deals.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I can't help you with the other two, but the Phantom is the best bit of clothing I've ever owned. I also run fairly hot, but I've basically been wearing it constantly for the last few years. Need to get another one really. I've found it to be waterproof enough so far. I've got a gore gilet called the function which is also great, a sleveless phantom for the summer 🙂

nickc

Echo the other comments about the Phantom, I'm in mine from about now until march or so

bobster
    Free Member

Thanks all – Phantom it is.

goodgrief
    Free Member

has anyone else had zip problems on the phantom? I'm on my 3rd jacket due to the bottom part of the zip snapping off. the previous jackets had a plastic zip but this 3rd one is metal so fingers crossed it'll last longer.

slowrider
    Free Member

whats the sizing like on the phantom compared to the stealth? i got rid of a large stealth because it was too snug but all my other endura stuff is a large and fits fine. should i go xl on a phantom?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Gore Phantom/Gore Tool/Endura Stealth’ is closed to new replies.