Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gore Phantom sizing ?
  • iainc

at 5ft 10 and a wee bit, bout 12.5/13 stone – large or XL ?

cheers

br
    Free Member

Medium to Large.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

large, I’d say, depending on how buff you are and what you want to wear under it.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m 5’11” and 14st, large is OK on me (have an XL as well but wanted a tighter fit on the road, it’s not michelin-man type snug though). As above I’d say you’re borderline M or L so depends what type of fit you want. I actually have a Medium as well (long story…) and can zip it up OK it’s just very tight around the shoulders.

iainc

cheers all, just ordered a L

bluebird
    Free Member

I’m 6’1′ and about your weight and have a large. It’s a good fit for me, so you should be fine. Great jackets.

mcboo
    Free Member

Yeh large sounds right. I’ve had one of them for years, it just keeps going. Gore still best bang for buck of the slightly more expensive brands I reckon.

shortcut

Go to a shop, try one on, buy the one that fits.

Easy!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I am 5ft 10 and 12st 8lbs and have recently bought 2 medium phantoms. I am probably 38-40 for jackets, and a 32 waist.

I tried a small and it was too tight about the shoulders.

The medium is a reasonable fit, but could also be a little snugger, hence why I tried a small.

I would think that a large is gonna be too big unless you have big shoulders and/or gut, and a medium would be just right.

iainc

Thanks TurnerGuy – i am no racing snake so hoping that the L will be ok – i prefer slightly loose to slightly tight !

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It’s not tight on me though…

In fact it is usefully slightly loose in that I can use the height of the zip to regulate how much airflow goes into the jacket.

You bought online, so you can send back if it doesn’t fit.

Amazon sell phantoms at wildly different prices according to the chosen size/color, but they do free returns on them.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Gore Phantom sizing ?’ is closed to new replies.