Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Gore Path wind stopper zip off 2013 – anyone got one?
  • zelak999
    Free Member

Ive been eyeing the Gore Path wind stopper zip off 2013 as a multi season wind proof.
    anyone got one?
    Can you recommend it? Is it light?
    I know it’s expensive but I reckon Gore is always worth the premium.

nick1962
    Free Member

No idea about that one but this caught my eye earlier today and maybe one to consider,Gore fabric and probably more suited to MTB.
    http://www.cyclesurgery.com/the-north-face–dirt-track-windproof-mtb-jacket/deal-of-the-week/bikes-components-bikewear/fcp-product/49064?listing=true

neninja
    Free Member

I use a Gore Phantom with zip off sleeves through the winter but find having any sleeves I get too warm as soon as the temp is above about 9-10 degrees.

I got a Path Active Shell Vest/Gilet to use through Spring/Summer/Autumn.
    It’s light enough – just weighed it and it was 130g and packs down small. I carry a Vaude waterproof if I’m on the hills for if it gets really cold and wet.

Added benefit of the vest is that it has a ventilated back so when you’re riding it keeps your core warm but you don’t overheat or get too sweaty.

Probably not really answered your question but just saying I find sleeves pointless during 3 seasons unless it’s raining in which case I’d use a different jacket.

cinnamon_girl

Surely it becomes a pita taking off/putting back on the sleeves?

As neninja says, a Gore gilet makes more sense.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Gore Path wind stopper zip off 2013 – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.