Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • gore jacket zip problem
  • lovewookie

This morning my Paclite zip decided it wouldn’t work. The jacket itself is a few years old, but has had very little actual use so the material is in great condition so it’d be a real shame to have to ditch the jacket just for the zip.

Anyone know if I could get a new zip fitted and who would do it?

thanks

niloC
    Free Member

I used LSR to fit a new zip to a Phantom jacket, Lancashire Sports repair

TrekEX8
    Free Member

I’m sure I won’t be the only one to suggest http://www.tundra-repairs.co.uk

I had a zip replaced on a gore tex jacket, I honestly can’t tell how they’ve done it.

lovewookie

magic, great.

cheers

ratzer73
    Free Member

What’s up with the zip? Just stiff? Try rubbing a pencil on it, the graphite is great at making it smooth again 😀

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Email Gore Bike wear themselves, their customer service is cracking IMO, would be surprised if they didn’t help/

tonyd

Don’t bother contacting Gore directly, they’ll just point you to the FAQ on their website. Contact their repair service partner. That said I’m sure others as recommended above could do it just as well, and probably cheaper since they’re not getting business directly through Gore.

gazc
    Free Member

if its only a problem with the zipper (just the bit that goes up and down) you can get a new one in practically any size/colour/type from these guys alans alterations

i’ve used them before to fix my 3 year old commuter jacket when the zip packed in due to the zipper wearing/getting bent, zips works fine now

righog
    Free Member

what sort of prices would you pay to get a zip replaced. I have a couple of jackets with broken zips, but they are both quite old, just wondering if fixing would be worth it or if it would be better to just buy new ones.

cinnamon_girl

£22.95 including p & p from Tundra for a pocket zip. I contacted Gore and they won’t do it. Check out my link, some useful info there.

righog
    Free Member

Thanks Cinnamon 😀

I will check it out.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘gore jacket zip problem’ is closed to new replies.