Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Gore Fusion windstoppers – any good?
  • rkk01
    Free Member

Killed a couple of pairs of shorts this year and quite fancy a pair of these:

The camo version was reviewed in ST last year(?) – and as much of a camo fetishist as I am, the DPM looked a bit much for on the bike…

But more to the point, anyone have a pair and what are they like – comfy? useful in the wet / cold? Sizing? – they look to be a fairly "close" fit

Probably get most wear for winter commutes on days when the bib tights are in the wash

chipps

The camo ones are SUPER warm – but they're also a little heavier than the regular black ones.
    There are guys here who swear by them all winter as they keep your knees warm.
    I'd try before you buy as some Gore sizing can be a little variable from regular sizing. Saying that, the leg fit was fine unless you're a sprinter.

rkk01
    Free Member

Ta – much as I thought. Will take a look.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gary_M
    Free Member

If they are anything like the gore fusion jacket they will be pretty warm hard wearing and very waterproof/breathable.

rkk01
    Free Member

hard wearing

Ahh, forgot that bit in my OP. One of my concerns – whether "soft" shell meant "tatty in no time".

I've heard everywhere that they're warm – whats the venting like?

witty.name
    Free Member

I got a pair in black.Great for the winter,fantastic even.Really good zip air vents on the front if you get too warm,usuall gore quality.So id say yes,well worth the money.

glynP
    Free Member

Superb!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Gore Fusion windstoppers – any good?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts